Keeping edges straight

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

trax

Keeping edges straight

Postby trax » Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:17 pm

How do you prevent straight edges from distorting when rotating an object ? I made a house which is moving and rotating, but during the motion, the edges of the walls and the roof are not staying straight, and when the sequence ends they remain distorted.

z3r0_d

Postby z3r0_d » Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:59 pm

could you explain better please?

is the rendering wrong

can you show us?

oh and try elysiun, you will get a faster response.
and this site seems more intended for developers.

Pablosbrain

Postby Pablosbrain » Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:49 pm

You can go to the IPO window and copy the key frames from the first frame where the house is straight and put the duplicated location/rotation/scale keys at the end... or animated the start and end positions first and then fill in the middle... its the easiest way I've found to start blocking in motion for objects in an animation. (note: and this site is primarily for the development of blender. Elysiun.com is the site primarily dedicated to using blender)
Last edited by Pablosbrain on Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pablosbrain

Postby Pablosbrain » Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:50 pm

Otherwise... when rotating/moving/scaling use the CTRL key I think and it will transform in incriments/degrees.

trax

Postby trax » Sat Jul 19, 2003 9:33 pm

First, two apologies. One for posting on this site, I didn't realize it was for developers only. Next, for taking a while to get back to you, I was in a different location with my laptop and didn't have my password to log in.
I will post my question to Elysiun.
I assume you are still wondering what I was talking about. Very basic. When I make a simple cube and rotate it, the lines forming the edges do not remain perfectly straight, like most objects in low definition.
I thought that after texturizing and rendering at the best definition, it would improve. But it still looks like very low def. I was hoping to use the animation as graphic for video, but on a large screen it's very obvious.
Blender is still a great tool, and I want to thank you all for the job you are doing.
And you can take this post off the board where it doesn't belong !

Dani

Postby Dani » Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:43 pm

hum... I think you're missing the Osa button no? :D

You mean you see jagged edges on render? Well in the Render panel (F10) there's
the OSA button with different values of over sampling beneath... activate it and your problem should start to disappear.

Well I hope that's it :)
if not, see you at elysiun's :)

Ciao
Dani

trax

Postby trax » Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:33 am

Yes, I had pressed 16 but didn't realize that the OSA button itself also had to be pressed.
Thanks, Dani, I really appreciate. I had worked for days on those few seconds and thought I couldn't use it. Now it looks beautifull (well, I like to think that, anyway).

Dani

Postby Dani » Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:15 pm

Cool!

Ciao!
Happy Dani :)

Return to “Interface & Tools”