The Linux Binary Release of Apricot? Deb in the Repo?

Discussions and feedback around the Open Projects such as Orange (Elephants Dream), Peach (Big Buck Bunny), Apricot (Yo Frankie!)...

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

NinjaBuntu

The Linux Binary Release of Apricot? Deb in the Repo?

Postby NinjaBuntu » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:44 pm

I Love the idea of an open Project game to flex your creative and technical might all over the place, showing that Open Source has real power that is needed to make a great product. From what I've seen Apricot will not disappoint.

But I am concerned. I run a Ubuntu Studio distro rig at my house, and It find it's pretty hard to get Blender up to date between versions of Ubuntu Studio. It does work but i much prefer the Deb over tar.gz or tar.bz2 compression. that way at a later point if I want to uninstall it. It easy to do without must stress for me.

Is there going to be a deb, rpm and all the others package manager format made of the binary? Maybe even some one who would be putting the deb and like wise into the repositories? with minimal Delay from release?

If I have to wait more then a week, I'm just going to have to finally learn how to make a deb from source. but I would really like to put that off as long as possible. I'm only 4 week into my Linux Life at this moment.

by the way, The game is looking great. I can't want to play it as you can see from the above...

fobsta

Postby fobsta » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:27 pm

It would be lovely if Ubuntu users could install the latest version of Blender and Apricot game from the package manager.

NinjaBuntu

Postby NinjaBuntu » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:08 am

fobsta wrote:It would be lovely if Ubuntu users could install the latest version of Blender and Apricot game from the package manager.
it really would... Basic every one telling me don't hold my breath, i don't care how often I pass out or how blue I start turning... I'm holding on till confirmed or denied. LOL

But really, If some one does go and makes a Deb/Ubuntu Binary, Could they please let us know? that would be ultra awesome of them.

Well till the release of Yo Frankie, I am out of here...

Return to “Blender Open Projects”