I've never been able to download a working copy of BBB...

Discussions and feedback around the Open Projects such as Orange (Elephants Dream), Peach (Big Buck Bunny), Apricot (Yo Frankie!)...

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

NinjaBuntu

I've never been able to download a working copy of BBB...

Postby NinjaBuntu » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:15 pm

I've tried several times to download a copy of BBB for all sorts of sources. The BBB.com site is Forbidden for some reason for the USA mirror. And I've tried all the sizes and types that work with VCL and mplayer for my Ubuntu Distro, It get all out of whack just before the babbling river and it all messed up.

Which is a shame because my girlfriend is now really really interested in seeing BBB after seeing what I can do early on in my Linux and Blender Life, and after seeing Elephants Dream.shes not a gamer so she could care less about apricot but she has said it looks good and she might brake her normal "never gonna play it" Stance on games for it.

Is the copy online messed up? is there some unbroken copy out there? I tried all sizes and formats and they all seem messed up on my computer. garbled screen, delayed track and Video issues and the like.

I've seen it on youtube but I want to make sure she gets the best picture ad sound for this gem of an animated short.

jesterKing
Site Admin

Postby jesterKing » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:01 pm

Did you try downloading the Bittorrents as well? At least those work (on my computer anyway ;) )

/Nathan

NinjaBuntu

Postby NinjaBuntu » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:57 am

jesterKing wrote:Did you try downloading the Bittorrents as well? At least those work (on my computer anyway

I sure have... I've downloaded direct FTP, Bittottrents, File Sharing, P2P methods of every sort, I've even shot a copy over to another computer to test if it's just me via over the network? Same thing.

I've give it the best go I can think of.

I guess I'm just going to have to buy me a copy of BBB on DVD...

venomgfx

Postby venomgfx » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:49 pm

hey ninja, just in case you haven't see it yet:
http://www.bigbuckbunny.org/index.php/s ... sk-online/
:D

Return to “Blender Open Projects”