Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon An idea about an external 3D engine for Blender(by Curador3)

Curador3

Posted: Thu May 01, 2003 10:28 pm
Hey,

Yeah, try get it similar to the way GHOST's handing is, that would be cool. But anythings cool with me as long as its cross-platform and is easy enough for a user to use. What I think would be best now that I think of it, instead of you actually working on the dialog interface right away, do like you just said in the last message, just create the buttons, edit boxes etc. into a class, that can be used easily later on, so we both have time to get things together. Thats what I've been doing with the Ocean waves and Texture codes is putting them into a class ready for use but that aren't in use just yet.
I've been working on the image and its going pretty well. I clipped the image from Blender splash that has the blender logo, and I've clipped all the pixels around it so all you can see is the white border, and underneath I have a shiny lava type effect. I'm just working on the last part of that image which will be adding another white/gray border like the one surrounding the word 'blender', then creating a chrome logo saying 'reality' on it. Should look pretty good soon, then I'll send it you so we can see if you like it. Very Happy

-Sam
Email: YahooSpecials@aol.com

leinad13

Posted: Fri May 02, 2003 7:45 pm
A bit of an update, im having a bit of troble creating any good looking buttons and stuff, but ill keep trying. I tried hacking the blender code to nick them from there, but its such a mess i couldnt. I have had 3 updates back from the mails i sent out, all of them sed they would be happy to answer questions but have too many comitments to join the projects.
So here is the list of people involved in the project so far:
Me (Leinad13)
Curador3
and um.......

O dear i think for a project this size we are gonna need someone else. Do you think we could use the blender projects page for this. I'm gonna post another topic on the main news board recruiting, maybe.

Anyway thats my update, ill keep endevering with the UI, but it might take me weeks to get anywhere due to exams.

L!13

Curador3

Posted: Sat May 03, 2003 8:59 am
Yeah, the project does seem a bit small, that would be good if we could get it on the blender project page, and if you post a message on the main page because not too many people seem to come on the coding guidelines forum for some reason Confused
I'll also give it a shot towards the interface, see if I can make any sense of the code in "interface.c". I've been working on getting a terrain algorithm together for the main level editor, but I'm still bouncing between many different algorithms, I think I might go for CLOD (Continuous Level Of Detail) since it seems to be a very optimal and powerful way to do a terrain. A good thing I could do with this, is then wrap the terrain into a sphere, so there is never an ending, but stop any objects in the world being shown twice when walking right around the world.

-Sam
Email: YahooSpecials@aol.com

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: