Official Documentation, will there be any??

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

dittohead

Official Documentation, will there be any??

Postby dittohead » Fri Oct 18, 2002 2:50 am

if there is will it be open source too(under public domain)?

i would be wiling to write something for it if some of it is tutorial based.
dittohead

xitnalta

Postby xitnalta » Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:34 am

Probably it will be GNU FDL, which is a license protecting copyrighted work (so it's not public domain).

Carsten plans to release something this weekend.
Felix

ton
Site Admin

Postby ton » Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:15 pm

I find the GNU FDL hard to understand...

We've got a lot of NaN stuff that can go online, once the proper license is defined.
In another thread in this forum I'll do a proposal.

-Ton-

Methedras

Postby Methedras » Sat Oct 19, 2002 6:39 pm

Hi blenders!

I am completelely new to blender but quite experienced with 3d in general. (Done some commercial 3d Studio work, 3D education for engineers and am currently working on coding OpenGL-based visualisation of technical data.) I quite thoroughly understand 3D both from user level as well as from developper level and would like to contribute to user level documentation.

Actually, I'm currently in need for info on keyboard input for precise positioning, scaling etc. of objects since I'm implementing a DXF-import utility for my OpenGL-based viewer. I'm also willing to shell out the ~ US$ 45,- for the commercially avalilable documentation (which used to be available from the shop@ belder.nl , to decide where more detailed docs could be helpful.

You can contact me via email:

chris@real-aix.de

P.S.: just in case my offer for contribution is not welcome, I'd still appreciate pointers as to where I can order the _currently_ available docs from... ;-)

Return to “Documentation & Education”