Where to ask about software problems with DVD?

Discussions and feedback around the Open Projects such as Orange (Elephants Dream), Peach (Big Buck Bunny), Apricot (Yo Frankie!)...

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Digitante

Where to ask about software problems with DVD?

Postby Digitante » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:15 am

I am one of the folks who recently received the "Yo Frankie!" DVD in the mail.

I tried to follow the installation instructions for the Crystal Space version of the game on a Debin "Etch" system, but the installer failed. After making Python 2.5 the default Python (a different error occurs with 2.4), I get this traceback:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 24, in <module>
  File "/tmp/0export-H4r2xD/install.py", line 22, in <module>
    from zeroinstall.injector import gpg, trust, qdom, iface_cache, policy, handler, model
  File "/tmp/0export-H4r2xD/zeroinstall/zeroinstall/injector/policy.py", line 19, in <module>
    from zeroinstall.support import tasks, basedir
  File "/tmp/0export-H4r2xD/zeroinstall/zeroinstall/support/tasks.py", line 39, in <module>
    import gobject
ImportError: No module named gobject
t

The instructions on the disk are practically non-existent (it says to "click on" the shell script to install, and says nothing whatsoever about dependencies). This forum was the closest thing I could find to a support forum for Apricot, so that's why I'm posting this here. I would be more than happy to find a better place to ask, so if there is one, a reference would be great.

Thanks.

ideasman

Postby ideasman » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:59 pm

if zeroinstall is looking for gobject this means youll need pygtk installed on your system, that will install gobject module as a dependency.

Return to “Blender Open Projects”