Blender Game Engine/ Blender Publisher 2.25/ Blender 2.27

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

dcb
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri May 16, 2003 1:05 am

Blender Game Engine/ Blender Publisher 2.25/ Blender 2.27

Postby dcb » Fri May 16, 2003 1:33 am

Could some body help me out about these 3 diferent Blender? Please!!

Are they all free? I thought that you have to buy "key" to publish Blender Web-Plugin or stand alone full screen player?

the latest 2.27 seems allowing to do modeling, and animation, I've read that free for the rendering still and animation for commercial use, is it true?

May be commercial game and commercial presentation use needs a fee?

How much is the Blender Publisher that allows unlimited distrubution rights? How much is the Blender Publisher for freelance artist?

How much is the game engine?

Thanks!!

dcb

z3r0_d
Posts: 1522
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 2:38 am
Contact:

Re: Blender Game Engine/ Blender Publisher 2.25/ Blender 2.2

Postby z3r0_d » Fri May 16, 2003 5:08 am

dcb wrote:Are they all free? I thought that you have to buy "key" to publish Blender Web-Plugin or stand alone full screen player?

not anymore, blender publisher doesn't really exist, and is downoadable for free on this site, as is that key.
dcb wrote:the latest 2.27 seems allowing to do modeling, and animation, I've read that free for the rendering still and animation for commercial use, is it true?

yes
dcb wrote:May be commercial game and commercial presentation use needs a fee?

How much is the Blender Publisher that allows unlimited distrubution rights? How much is the Blender Publisher for freelance artist?

yes, but there is some unknowns about blender publisher's less limited licenses, and how now that NaN is 'gone' on wether or not it will return.

dcb wrote:How much is the game engine?

you don't have to pay for the game engine.

more notes:
blender creator 2.23 didn't have licensing restrictions, and can create games, can't do standalone executables, is missing some features, and the plugin pages have a blender logo on them, but there isn't any concern about how it can be used.

as far as with new features, standalones, and the game engine I would say the safest bet is to wait for it to come into the opensource (mostly) releases.

if somebody can inform about the foundation key and 2.25 I would be apprecative as well

dcb
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri May 16, 2003 1:05 am

Re: Blender Game Engine/ Blender Publisher 2.25/ Blender 2.2

Postby dcb » Fri May 16, 2003 5:57 pm

thank you for taking the time answering my questions. I appreciated that.

dcb

z3r0_d wrote:
dcb wrote:Are they all free? I thought that you have to buy "key" to publish Blender Web-Plugin or stand alone full screen player?

not anymore, blender publisher doesn't really exist, and is downoadable for free on this site, as is that key.
dcb wrote:the latest 2.27 seems allowing to do modeling, and animation, I've read that free for the rendering still and animation for commercial use, is it true?

yes
dcb wrote:May be commercial game and commercial presentation use needs a fee?

How much is the Blender Publisher that allows unlimited distrubution rights? How much is the Blender Publisher for freelance artist?

yes, but there is some unknowns about blender publisher's less limited licenses, and how now that NaN is 'gone' on wether or not it will return.

dcb wrote:How much is the game engine?

you don't have to pay for the game engine.

more notes:
blender creator 2.23 didn't have licensing restrictions, and can create games, can't do standalone executables, is missing some features, and the plugin pages have a blender logo on them, but there isn't any concern about how it can be used.

as far as with new features, standalones, and the game engine I would say the safest bet is to wait for it to come into the opensource (mostly) releases.

if somebody can inform about the foundation key and 2.25 I would be apprecative as well


Return to “Interactive 3d”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest