ADD INs to armature riging and game bones?

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

hanzo

ADD INs to armature riging and game bones?

Postby hanzo » Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:53 pm

what about skin wait painting? like in maya... :wink:

blender is complicated and confusing for newbs this way, you know with all the nameing and parenting vetice groups..

also In the game engine there's some severe bugs that need to be fixed like object parent to bone... :shock: I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed?
it would probabley be easy the function works out of the game engine but not in Game...

Hos

Re: ADD INs to armature riging and game bones?

Postby Hos » Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:00 am

hanzo wrote:what about skin wait painting? like in maya... :wink:

Never seen it -- how about a screenshot?

hanzo wrote:also In the game engine there's some severe bugs that need to be fixed like object parent to bone... :shock: I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed?
it would probabley be easy the function works out of the game engine but not in Game...

I don't use the game engine ... do you have a sample blend that illustrates the problem?

Chris

aphex

Re: ADD INs to armature riging and game bones?

Postby aphex » Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:53 pm

hanzo wrote:what about skin wait painting? like in maya... :wink:

blender is complicated and confusing for newbs this way, you know with all the nameing and parenting vetice groups..

Hmm.. isn't this like vertex weight painting that blender currently does? :?

I agree that naming vertex groups, bones, etc is a little confusing... not to mention tedious! :wink:

Hos is working on auto-skinning which should help in this respect. I look forward to seeing how that turns out.

hanzo wrote:also In the game engine there's some severe bugs that need to be fixed like object parent to bone... :shock: I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed?

Sorry, I don't use the game engine much either, but if the bugs are in the bug tracker we'll get to them... just give us a bit of time! ;)

Cheers,

aphex

hanzo

Postby hanzo » Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:06 am

Hos it's like painting weight with a brush black = absalute effect, White = no effect. all shades in the middle are lesser and great of effects bones have, blender game bones: I don't think it's a bug I just think someone forgot to make object to bone parenting apply to the game engine thats all.

aphex how do you (paint) vertice weight to bones in blender?

aphex

Postby aphex » Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:52 am

hanzo wrote:aphex how do you (paint) vertice weight to bones in blender?

This link takes you to the weight painting docs:

http://www.blender.org/modules/document ... tml#AEN680

You can probably find tutorials too if you look around a bit.

Hope that helps!

aphex

hanzo

Postby hanzo » Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:14 pm

aphex, dude thanks so much! weight painting! :D now there's only The game armature problem. well hmmm

but this is just like the on in maya (well almost) this will make it so much easier to animate my charecters.. how did I miss this function? :x this is imbaresing for as long as I new this program darn!

I just thought of something, Is there away that the mesh vetex animation keys can be made to work together with the bone animations so char animators could Do muscles bulging etc, I know it's already posable but it's hard to do.

This function would rock!

hanzo

Postby hanzo » Wed Apr 30, 2003 9:02 pm

what about Bone Controler! it would make char animation much easyier!
like anywere you drag the foot the leg movment fallows, like real world motion... :wink:

DMBadCat

Postby DMBadCat » Sat May 03, 2003 1:03 am

I completely agree with hanzo on the bone controller, that is a KICK BUTT concept! that would make all of our lives easier.... if only, so the thingamajigers (bones/armatures) would stay the same length, while editing them! I like it... :wink:

DMBadCat

Postby DMBadCat » Sat May 03, 2003 1:29 am

On the menu buttons, go to the guy running, should be the second from the top in the 2.25 publisher- and click on your armature(previously described as thingamajiger) and you should see the ipo thingy, and then you just click bake, and voila! presto! your cake is baked, but not frosted, so go to the game icon in the menu, and then on the actuator thing add an "action" which is labled whatever your bake button named it... and there ya go, a nice armature thing working ingame! Oh, one more note, the object you are animating has to be ONE object... then you bind it by armature, and be sure to name the groups right so they go with the flow... hope this is what you were lookin for?

Hos

Postby Hos » Sat May 03, 2003 1:58 am

How does 'Bone Controller' differ from an IK constraint?

Chris

P.S. Still waiting for an example blend that
shows the game bone bug...

Pablosbrain

Postby Pablosbrain » Sat May 03, 2003 2:16 am

The current IK constraints do this.

hanzo

Postby hanzo » Sat May 03, 2003 9:55 pm

Pablosbrain: current IK constraints dose what I consepted above?
:shock: were is that?

plz tell!

DMBadCat

Postby DMBadCat » Sat May 03, 2003 10:16 pm

see that is why I posted the question... I'm goin to bump it...

Pablosbrain

Postby Pablosbrain » Sun May 04, 2003 2:00 am

The only difference between what you have depicted above and what the current IK contraints do is the visual line between the start of the IK change and the solver. That is the only difference you've created... The functionality is exactly the same.

hanzo

Postby hanzo » Sun May 04, 2003 4:22 am

thanks, OK, how do I do it?

sorry for my stupidity:roll:

Return to “Animation”