Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon dll

giuseppe500

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:17 pm
hy.
I would modify the blender source in matter that i can call in/blender function from a my c++ project and get the result.
A similar to 3dstudio game interface dll.
Is possible?
How?
i must create a dll?
and work in linux and in win?
Thanks-

stiv

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:42 pm
Your basic problem here is that Blender an application, not a library. It was never meant to be used in that way. This was a problem with adding Python scripting.

Your best approachs are:

- extend Blender via its Python interpreter either with Python code or adding new embedded C/C++ code

- add new functions to Blender with C/C++.

giuseppe500

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:41 pm
stiv wrote:
Your basic problem here is that Blender an application, not a library. It was never meant to be used in that way. This was a problem with adding Python scripting.

Your best approachs are:

- extend Blender via its Python interpreter either with Python code or adding new embedded C/C++ code

- add new functions to Blender with C/C++.

thanks, but if i add new functions in c/c++ how call they from a my c++ game editor c++ application?
The solution under win can be to trasform blender in a com server?

In 3ds there is a dll that do all the work , i conntect my c++ game editor to this dll and i can import meshes textures ecc...
naturally 3ds must be opened and the mesh loaded.
Thanks.

stiv

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:11 pm
giuseppe500 wrote:
thanks, but if i add new functions in c/c++ how call they from a my c++ game editor c++ application?

You cannot. That was my point. There is no blender .dll or shared library that can be used outside of Blender.

With more than a little work, you could add a remote procedure call feature to Blender, COM or CORBA, for instance.

Jump to: