Digital Cinema

Discussions and feedback around the Open Projects such as Orange (Elephants Dream), Peach (Big Buck Bunny), Apricot (Yo Frankie!)...

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

aproche

Digital Cinema

Postby aproche » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:50 pm

Hello,
I work as a projectionist in a small movie theater in France and I would like to show open movies to the audience, using a Digital Cinema projector.

It would be great to render the short films according to the DCI specifications (jpeg2000 encoding, mxf container, 1998*1080 resolution ...)

http://www.dcimovies.com/DCIDigitalCine ... ecv1_2.pdf

That way, thousands of people across the world may see these movies with the best quality .

As the DCP files are quite large, it may be required to burn and ship some blue ray discs.

How can I/anyone help ?

Regards,
Guillaume.

Daniel90

Re: Digital Cinema

Postby Daniel90 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:56 am

aproche wrote:It would be great to render the short films according to the DCI specifications

I think rendering them again would take too much time and/or money, but for example for Big Buck Bunny (and probably also the other open movies) there is a 1920x1080 version already (you could add a black 38"px" border to both sides). In the case of BBB you could download for example the H.264 encoded version and reencode/remux it according to the DCI specs. Maybe you can achieve this just with ffmpeg/mencoder? That would probably be the way to go if there is not enough money or sponsored computing power to render it again in 1998*1080 resolution.

ton
Site Admin

Postby ton » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:10 pm

A French company made DCP for both our films, and distributes this all over in Europe:
http://www.ymagis.com/

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:24 pm

spam deleted

Daniel90, I deleted your last post since without the spam it referred to, it didn't make sense.

Return to “Blender Open Projects”