New Pixie release

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Caronte

New Pixie release

Postby Caronte » Wed May 21, 2003 12:42 am

Don't forget the impresive explosions in the gallery.

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~okan/Pixie/pixie.htm
Caronte.
"Some Day, All Will Be Digital"
http://www.nicodigital.com

Etna

Postby Etna » Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:23 am

it seems to be included in Blender 2.28, i mean the exporter.
but for the moment, i can't test Pixie, compilation failed!

green

Postby green » Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:59 pm

Etna wrote:it seems to be included in Blender 2.28, i mean the exporter.
but for the moment, i can't test Pixie, compilation failed!

it will not be included in 2.28.

I dont expect it to be anywhere near ready until the end of summer.

Etna

Postby Etna » Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:21 pm

did you try blender 2.28? you can change externel engine.

now, i've succeeded in compilation of Pixie, but i can't render anything...prob with shader path

green

Postby green » Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:08 pm

Etna wrote:did you try blender 2.28? you can change externel engine.

now, i've succeeded in compilation of Pixie, but i can't render anything...prob with shader path

blender 2.28 has not been released yet. 2.27 is the current release.

and support for renderman renderers is not in 2.27 eather.

You must be using tuhopuu.

Pablosbrain

Postby Pablosbrain » Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:25 pm

Etna: Just for clarification... green is the one who is doing most of the work on adding the external renderman support to blender. I think he'd know what works and what doesn't.

green: It will be a long summer waiting! :) But I've got plenty of things in my current project to keep me busy till then! Keep up the great work!

Etna

Postby Etna » Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:10 pm

I'm speaking about "instinctive-Blender 2.28", it isn't official, i know that!
It's available here http://intrr.org/blender/instinctive-bl ... .5-i386.gz linux-Binary
http://intrr.org/blender/instinctive-blender.tar.bz2 source

Look at Render section...Check button above "Renderer Setting".. you can see and choose Blender Internal, 3Delight and....Pixie

Moreover! even you don't get Pixie, Blender export in RIB format when Pixie is selected and then a blender-rib directory is created.

Pablosbrain: I didn't seek to beat me with Green, but this fonction does exist! So, don't flame me please! :)

Green: what's tuhopuu?

Intrr is going to integrate some of his features in the official branch, It appears. But i'm not sure, thus i won't go further...

Anyway, Blender 2.28 news was on the frontpage of Blender.org! so, you should be informed! :p

Pablosbrain

wasn't flaming ya

Postby Pablosbrain » Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:27 pm

Wasn't flaming ya, just stating something. As for 2.28... yes it was posted on blender.org... but it hasn't been officially released and wont be for some time.

As for being informed.. I'm here reading posts most days as well as reading the BF-committers (sp?) email list and checking over at elysiun every now and again. Try not to get so harsh right away, we're all here to learn and contribute to blender.

Etna

Postby Etna » Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:14 pm

No problem for my side! I'm an old linux user, so i know rules.

Try not to get so harsh right away
Sorry, i felt a small aggression for nothing.

But i know it won't be officialiZed...but it exists. (It's that also, opensource... :) )
Moreover, i spoke about that in my last post.: Intrr is going to integrate some of his features in the official branch, It appears. But i'm not sure, thus i won't go further...
Thus, i never imposed it as the official Blender release!

And when i said "you should be informed" it was for both (in a nice way, obviously ). Because, aparently, RIB-exporter Works!

so, peace and i didn't seek to be sharp with both of you, if you felt that.

matt_e

Postby matt_e » Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:04 am

Etna, here's some clarification.

For the most part, Blender development is progressing along two main source code trees. One is the bf-blender tree, which is used for the official Blender releases, another is tuhopuu (which is Finnish for 'dangerous tree'), which is experimental, and is sometimes used as a testing ground. Occasionally, new features from tuhopuu that have proven to be successful are added to the main bf tree.

Intrr's audio code was developed using a version of tuhopuu from a month or so ago. Since he was using tuhopuu as a base for his 'instinctive-blender' version, it also contains some of the other tuhopuu features. I don't know where you got the idea of "instinctive-Blender 2.28" from - it doesn't say 2.28 anywhere.

For quite some time now, Green has been working on adding support for renderman export. When he tells you it's not ready, it's because it's not ready. He is the one codng it, I think he should know. Even though options in the user interface have been addded for renderman export, they are by no means fully functional, and are intended for testing only (not for production work). It may be able to generate RIB files, but it is not considered 'working' yet. Use it at your own risk ;)

Green's great work will be integrated into an official bf-blender release when it's all finished and Green is happy with the quality of the functionality. It will not be in version 2.28.

Etna

Postby Etna » Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:18 am

Broken, thank you for your lighting.

But i didn't seek to make lie mr Green. I respect his works.

Anyway, as Intrr has done some features alone, he could be able to make a connection bwe Blender-Pixie as quickly as another. well i say COULD BE. :)
But now, you said Green is the ONE coding! ok, it's clear now :)

So! Hurry up Green!! hehe

Return to “Rendering”