Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Is this too obvious? How do you uninstall Blender?

Joe M

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:19 am
I did a search of the entire PDF file of Blender's manual... and the word "uninstall" does not exist. Same is true for a search of this forum site.

The closest I could find information refers to how to remove blender on a Mac on another forum site... but, I have a Window PC.

How do you remove Blender 2.48a from Win XP? There is no add/remove Program choice in window's control panel.

jesterKing

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:22 am
If you installed from the .zip, then just remove the directory containing Blender.

We don't use registry keys (apart from file extension association), nor do we sprinkle files around your system. So deleting the installation directory manually is all you need to do.

/Nathan

Joe M

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:34 am
Wow... that's is easy... it's just like the old pre-window days of Microsoft

So... why is it that something as simple as this not in the manual? perhaps, overlooked (or did I need to use a different key word)?

Thanks... I simply delete the Blender folder and re-install.... hopefully, that will fix my problems I have with blender.

joeri

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:37 pm
Joe M wrote:
Wow... that's is easy... it's just like the old pre-window days of Microsoft

So... why is it that something as simple as this not in the manual? perhaps, overlooked (or did I need to use a different key word)?

Thanks... I simply delete the Blender folder and re-install.... hopefully, that will fix my problems I have with blender.

Why? Because nobody ever wants to delete blender Razz

keffertjuh

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:19 pm
yeah but sometimes there's an issue and you have to

or you dont delete it and just install it again and use the second one >.<

Jump to: