Export to Open .SWF format from Blender, also Game SDK

Discussions and feedback around the Open Projects such as Orange (Elephants Dream), Peach (Big Buck Bunny), Apricot (Yo Frankie!)...

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

bobby333

Export to Open .SWF format from Blender, also Game SDK

Postby bobby333 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:20 pm

With all the 3D Flash Engines I've reviewed, only they simply do is import COLLADA shapes and you must, essentially rebuild your entire environment even if it's Yo Frankie.

With the power of the Blender Team and other Intermediates it's worth researching and Exporter that will take the ActionScript 3.0 of API of something like Papervision3D be be able to efficiently export a Flash SWF (Flash Player 10).

Further, I spoken with NVIDA and they are creating a special driver for Blender.

It seems to me though I respect AMD, that they are headed to integrate graphics into "Istanbul" --- but it seems more for GAMERS than developers.

I'm interesting in develooping and Physics simulation as well as others that can be published in HD, but also shared for interactive uses in Flash.

Does anyone have an opinion about any of the matters I've brought up above?

stefangas

Postby stefangas » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Hi Bobby333

I think you have a brilliant concept. Was contemplating the same thing the past week. I have a project coming up requiring 5 months worth of Flash design for 4 to 6 Flash coders. But I know for a fact that I could put together a team of Blender animators/ game designers to build the interactivity in the BGE. If we could have exported that to swf I wouldn't need to go the flash route.

Have you checked out this?

http://www.rozengain.com/blog/2009/06/12/blender-to-actionscript-exporter-updated-export-multiple-objects-at-once/

Return to “Blender Open Projects”