Open Movie

Discussions and feedback around the Open Projects such as Orange (Elephants Dream), Peach (Big Buck Bunny), Apricot (Yo Frankie!)...

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

ickathu

Open Movie

Postby ickathu » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:34 pm

Hi guys,
I have an open movie that i want to make. Its going to be a pretty quick film. I already have basic plot line layed out, but its simple and i will need some help with that (more about that in a mo') but i stink at modeling and animating... My characters are extremely blocky, and about the animating.... well.... Im actually good at animating, but my cpu crashes if i try to select a bone lol. So I will need a team of modelers and animaters, if anyone wants to help.
I am calling the project "Project Papaya" (lol, i like the fruit names :) )
My story line is going to go something like this:

Main character- MC
Antagonist-AN
Supporting character-SC

2 bugs are flying around
AN (spider) comes and kidnaps them
MC (dragonfly) goes to save them

Thats pretty much my outline so far :( so i will need some plot twists

uhh yeah.
If anyone wants to help, just post a comment on this. And if u think its stupid, plz tell me.

Thanks!
I will rule the world!! Muahaha*choke choke*

Wild_Doogy

Sweet

Postby Wild_Doogy » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:46 am

Hey now, that sounds great. I especially like the use of non human characters, as I cant make humans for beans.

I dont have much time to help, but I definitely can provide some rendering help if you need it.

(2 3Ghz towers waiting for something to crunch.)

~Wild_Doogy
"Information is Ammunition"
-General Adam Steiner

A computer allows you to make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
- Ripfox - Ubuntu forums

ickathu

Postby ickathu » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:18 am

Great! My CPU is crud when it comes to rendering :) I use a windows xp that is cluttered with stuff and Ive had it for about 5yrs lol, it's reeeaaalllyyy slow... Thanks! I will make you my renderer. Once the movie is done I can send u the files.
Haha, im like u. My people are cubes extruded over and over again lol.

Thanks again

-ickathu-

ickathu

Postby ickathu » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:59 pm

Ok I have the plotline layed out and a friend is going to model and rig and stuff so I think we r set. Just to let you know, we will be doing this in 2.49 caus my CPU can't handle 2.5

Wild_Doogy

EXTRUDE! YAY!

Postby Wild_Doogy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:47 am

ickathu wrote:Great! My CPU is crud when it comes to rendering :) I use a windows xp that is cluttered with stuff and Ive had it for about 5yrs lol, it's reeeaaalllyyy slow... Thanks! I will make you my renderer. Once the movie is done I can send u the files.
Haha, im like u. My people are cubes extruded over and over again lol.

Thanks again

-ickathu-

Haha, it took me a while to find the extrude command, and I was all exited that I didn't have to copy, and then make the faces after selecting ever vertices one by one. LOL! (This was back with blender 2.2~)

Oh yes, and I have slightly slow internet, ~100KB/s Down 10KB/s Up so I may have to do uploads at the library >_> (larger than say 30Mb)

About versions: If its possible, I may do the rendering in 2.5 as its faster,or so I have heard, but as for modeling, I am much faster in 2.49 as I know the UI
"Information is Ammunition"

-General Adam Steiner

A computer allows you to make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

- Ripfox - Ubuntu forums

ickathu

Postby ickathu » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:06 am

Ok, If u do use 2.5 to render make sure u do not save the .blend files there as it would wreck the animtion when opening in 2.49.:shock: Other than
that it sounds good. Me and my friend are almost done with the concept art, so we just need to model rig and animate! I expect you should get the first file pretty soon.

PS what is your email address? We will need it to send files and renders
my email is
ickathu.goalex@rocketmail.com

alvekatt

Postby alvekatt » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:27 pm

Extruding from cubes is the best way to make complex organic creatures. A heavily subsurfaced cubic model is a lot easier to get to deform correctly too. (It took me a while to figure out that the armature modifier needs to be above the subsurf modifier if you want that advantage though.)

A mutant dog I am working on, paws are not done, among other things:

If you need help finding people and coordinating your movie wreck a movie is the best place. It's a website designed with collaboration in mind.

http://www.wreckamovie.com/

mothdragon

Extra Details...

Postby mothdragon » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:54 am

Hi I was just wondering if the script has actually been done, or if it's just been conceived? I've never written a script before, but I have written stories, and I'd be like to try my hand at writing a script if it's needed :)

Also, If you need voice actors, I'd be happy to lend my voice :)

I'm in Ontario, Canada, and I don't have a car... So if transportation would be required that could be a challenge, but otherwise, I'd be happy to help!
Walk in the Light, and Breathe in the Love.

~{ Mothdragon }~

ickathu

Postby ickathu » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:47 pm

Sure! We don't actually have the plot payed out, just the basic idea as stated above, bt we have added a few
more
details:
dragonfly and two flies are playing somewhere
the dragonfly goes home and a spider notices the flies
the spider shoots out a web and traps the flies
the dragonfly turns around (idk y) and sees the spider run away
the dragonfly starts to chase after the spider, and quickly discovers that both of them are trained in kung Fu
the spider has many comrades who help him fight the dragonfly (I need details on the chase)
the dragonfly defeats them all (how?)
the dragonfly traps the spider and kicks him off a cliff, saving the flies
the dragonfly and two flies go home and start playing
then someone is walking along, and accidently squished them lol

as you can see, we have the idea completely layed out, but we need names, and it has to be more detailed, if you want to write it as a short story, that would be great, and it would be great if you wanted to write
it as a script as well
as for contacting me, if you email at
ickathu.goalex@rocketmail.com
I will respond, and you can send me the script with email

mothdragon

Postby mothdragon » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:46 am

How long is the movie? 10 minutes?

Do the bugs walk and move as we would expect them? or more like a bipedal human?

Do they speak to each other at all?

~{ Mothdragon }~

ickathu

Postby ickathu » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:26 am

They act like humans, walk on two legs and use the extra arms as, well, extra arms :) they do speak, and to cover it all, you could pretend
they are humans dressed as bugs lol. If that makes sense

thanks!!
:D

oh, I almost forgot, I was thinking the moie would be between 7 and 10 minutes long, hopefully closer to 10

mothdragon

Hmm...

Postby mothdragon » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:24 am

Okay so I think I have enough details to work with... And my wife has suggested a "Final Destination" type theme, where you might be able to cheat fate, but fate always gets you in the end kind of thing.... So I can work with that...

However I want to mention that I am pretty busy, so I cannot guarantee prompt results (if any)... Perhaps I may be able to get something by the end of the week... I'll write it as a short story first, as that's my most comfortable format. If you haven't heard from me in a week, then drop me a line to find out what's going on :)

You can email me at mothdragon@hotmail.com.

Is there a timeline/deadline that we're working with here?

~{ Mothdragon }~

ickathu

Postby ickathu » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:15 pm

No deadlines :) I think that that sounds good

Return to “Blender Open Projects”