Panels flicker

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

halfsoft

Panels flicker

Postby halfsoft » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:37 am

blender 249.2, OSX 10.6.1, intel x3100

intel binary: if i change the buttons panel for example from editing to object both of them remain at the same time and flicker(the old panel stays as a background and flickers), if i resize(minimize) the button panel the place where it stood no longer updates even if i rotate the object in 3d view

powerpc under rosetta: no problems at all

windows binary under vmware: no problems at all

If needed i can provide video or screenshots to demonstrate the problem.

VanHeber

Re: Panels flicker

Postby VanHeber » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:58 pm

halfsoft wrote:blender 249.2, OSX 10.6.1, intel x3100

intel binary: if i change the buttons panel for example from editing to object both of them remain at the same time and flicker(the old panel stays as a background and flickers), if i resize(minimize) the button panel the place where it stood no longer updates even if i rotate the object in 3d view

powerpc under rosetta: no problems at all

windows binary under vmware: no problems at all

If needed i can provide video or screenshots to demonstrate the problem.

I have a mac mini intel gma 950 with snow leopard. Not slow interface anymore, but now, I have some flicks on interface with Blender 2.49b official compiled for 10.5.8(leopard) python 2.5. I have tested with the package Blender 2.49b compiled for 10.4.11(tiger) python 2.3, and it don't have flick problem on snow leopard. But, boths have a bug while select dots, edges or faces with Oclude background geometry button on in Edit mode.

Any Blender 2.5 from SVN runs fine.

satishbhawra52

Postby satishbhawra52 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:56 pm

ntel binary: if i change the buttons panel for example from editing to object both of them remain at the same time and flicker(the old panel stays as a background and flickers), if i resize(minimize) the button panel the place where it stood no longer updates even if i rotate the object in 3d view

KALIMAHu

request from a noob:

Postby KALIMAHu » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:57 pm

COuld someone post a link on how to compile blender 2.45 with the current library and get a build of 2.45 instead of a build of blender 2.5?My videocard(Unichrome 32mb Direct 3D)can't handle it.

KALIMAHu

Re: request from a noob:

Postby KALIMAHu » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:38 am

skip what i said before.could someone give me the link of older source file and library from SVN?

damian

Postby damian » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:58 am

intel binary: if i change the buttons panel for example from editing to object both of them remain at the same time and flicker(the old panel stays as a background and flickers), if i resize(minimize) the button panel the place where it stood no longer updates even if i rotate the object in 3d view.

i had the same problem on OSX 10.6.4. i fixed it by pulling down the hidden settings panel and under 'System & OpenGL' turned 'Prefetch Frames' up from 0 to 1.

ryand85

Postby ryand85 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:19 pm

damian wrote:

intel binary: if i change the buttons panel for example from editing to object both of them remain at the same time and flicker(the old panel stays as a background and flickers), if i resize(minimize) the button panel the place where it stood no longer updates even if i rotate the object in 3d view.

i had the same problem on OSX 10.6.4. i fixed it by pulling down the hidden settings panel and under 'System & OpenGL' turned 'Prefetch Frames' up from 0 to 1.

Thanks for this! Worked for me!

Return to “Testing Builds”