Duplivert addition [Implemented!]

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Goofster

Duplivert addition [Implemented!]

Postby Goofster » Sun May 25, 2003 2:10 am

heyhey,

I've been thinking about this feature for a long time, but I currently don't have the time to code it myself. If anyone wants to do it, be my guest.
The main idea is that the dupliverts setting can be set much like the current Subsurf setting. so you could select wether it's on or off for both the viewing and the rendering....

your thoughts on this?

Roel
Last edited by Goofster on Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

ideasman

Postby ideasman » Sun May 25, 2003 4:43 am

Thisn sounds like a nice idea but I have not been in a situation where I would need it.

Are you doing work that requires this feature?

Mabe faster wireframe render?

Goofster

Postby Goofster » Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:30 am

I just implemented this feature (if you don't have time, make time :D ). it was easier than I thought. I'll try to get it in Tuhopuu.

Roel

ps. I like it a LOT. I have a scene where I use a lot of dupliverts, now my 3D view is nice and fast, and the dupliverts still get rendered.

harkyman

Postby harkyman » Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:41 pm

That's great. Does it work with fake GI light globes based on duplis?

And hey, while you're in there, why not make an option and button for randomizing rotation and scaling of dupliverts? I did a similar thing with a python script ages ago, but it would just rule to have it be a standard feature (think modelling natural environments - distribution of pebbles, bushes, etc.)

Thanks again!

Friday13

Postby Friday13 » Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:22 pm

harkyman wrote:And hey, while you're in there, why not make an option and button for randomizing rotation and scaling of dupliverts? Thanks again!

This is something that i've wanted for ages. But if that feature is added, it should have an option for limiting the scaling. Otherwise some dupliverts will be HUGE and some will be too small. Same thing for rotation. Probably limiting the rotation to one axis, or letting the mesh affect the rotation.

(geesh, wasn't that confusing? :P )

Return to “Interface & Tools”