Game engine development

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

kAinStein

Game engine development

Postby kAinStein » Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:47 pm

Hiho! It's a while ago that someone asked about it if I see it right. I know that Saluk is working on the game engine with his dad and there are apparently other people playing around with it. But who else is working on it? And on what? It seems that there is no coordination on this topic.

snowy_duck

Postby snowy_duck » Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:04 pm

shhhhhh, nobody really knows about it but if you don't say anything and don't ask then it'll eventually get done........

patience grasshopper

kAinStein

Postby kAinStein » Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:25 pm

snowy_duck wrote:shhhhhh, nobody really knows about it but if you don't say anything and don't ask then it'll eventually get done........

patience grasshopper

Oh no - I'm not impatient. I'm just wondering who is trying to do what. I'm not asking "when will the game engine be back?". I'm asking who is doing something to get it back and possibly even improved. There are several people at least playing around with it or even working on it more seriously. But who is actually on it and on which part?

Saluk seems to add some frustrum culling into it, I'm trying to get joystick support into it and Hos was playing around with toon rendering for enji which is a cool idea. And there are people trying to get the solid lib back AFIK. But who else?

Nothing gets done by itself and especially if no one really cares... ;)

teachtech

Postby teachtech » Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:33 pm

I've had the same questions, but am sitting quietly waiting to see what happens when the physics library become open-sourced and can be put back into the program. Hopefully things take off after that.

hanzo

Postby hanzo » Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:09 am

ow this is sad.....

joeedh

Postby joeedh » Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:50 am

teachtech wrote:I've had the same questions, but am sitting quietly waiting to see what happens when the physics library become open-sourced and can be put back into the program. Hopefully things take off after that.

You mean collision detection library. The physics library, Sumo, was made open source with the rest of Blender.

joeedh

Return to “Interactive 3d”