Team Game Project

Discussions and feedback around the Open Projects such as Orange (Elephants Dream), Peach (Big Buck Bunny), Apricot (Yo Frankie!)...

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Team Game Project

Postby N00B3R » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:29 pm

Well as you guesed it I'm looking to get together a team of Blenderists, I'm looking for a team more so because I think that this game has the potential to make some real money, and those who help develop the game will get a percentage of the profit in the future (if we all make it good enough).

I will give details about how the game will be, a bit about the storyline, and the basics of the gameplay (just to intrigue everyone).

Well first to start off the game is close to a meld of Psi-Ops and Dues Ex if you know the games then that itself will intrigue you, if not I encourage everyone to play both of these (Deus Ex-good storyline, and Psi-Ops for good 'Psi-Fun')

The storyline is changing still at the moment but the same concepts will still be in place, the changes are more to adapt to re-playability, and a great storyline.

While I mention the storyline this is what the game focuses on, both a great storyline that keeps players enthraled and wanting more, and a fluid, and action based camera angles that add theatrical qualities.

A bit about myself so you all would know who the project manager is:

Well I'm a student in the Business Administration program, so everyone who joins the team may be able to have a future in gaming (not to mention you know that I can handle the payments in the future). I concider myself a great writer and I've had short stories and poems published, so you can count on a good storyline, and scripts. Also I'm VERY inventive and have ALOT of ideas, so there will be no shortage of plot twists, and concepts.

Well hope everyone finds that there is a bit more thought behind this project than some of the others I glanced at here, and I know all team members will love making this game.

Plans to start this game is mid 2010 (as I have to get good at coding, and a bit better at modeling). Future team members looking to get into this project have till about May 2010 to apply. This is a pretty serious project outlook so those with experience will be added to the rosters over those with less (sorry, I know I'm new to blender also but I want this game to be very good).

Any candidates looking to join, e-mail me with what you know and focused in, and any projects you've finished in the past. I'm looking for a team of around 10+ people who have significant coding and modeling experience.

Geometry Planet: Platform, Puzzle game with RPG style upgrades and more! ... =20&t=4370

intriguing huh?

Postby woody730b » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:05 am

I have a game in the works as well. The focus seems to be similar on both of our ends with a different taste or approach. Re-playability is one of my big things. I happen to have a musical composer as part of my network, and I have gotten pretty good at mesh modeling and rigging. I think we could actually work on both projects together.

Postby cookyman » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:40 am

tuts do nothing for me so if yall can fit me in i just want to learn......

Postby woody730b » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:57 am

cookyman wrote:tuts do nothing for me so if yall can fit me in i just want to learn......

Contact me on hot mail at woody730b

willing to help

Postby etertay » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:07 pm

I am willing to help work on this game in my spare time

you will probably need a composer to soundtrack your game and i am

i am proficient enough in blender to create basic models and texture's

if you need some samples please email me

see ya!

Re: willing to help

Postby jpedersm » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:20 pm

I have been modelling with with tutorials for some time so kinda got the hang of it. Also just got the book blender for dummies yesterday and am noticing some new stuff I didn't know about. If you dont care I would love to join to give my self some more practice.

Return to “Blender Open Projects”