Loops

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

modron

Loops

Postby modron » Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:11 pm

Is there a way to create loops with exact end points? My walking robot plays back nicely in the player, but when i try to loop it, ( shift D in the NLA(?) editor, and then move the segment manually is what i've been doing) I can't seem to avoid getting a little 'skip' at the join point. I just know I am going about this wrong, arg. Also, what the heck is 'convert to patch' all about? Somewhere along the line, while fooling around, i converted a selection of meshes to a 'patch'. It looked like it was probably useful, but I could find nothing on it. BTW if anyone needs a nice droid, (can't have too many of those) with a nice stride if you can loop it, message me, and I will attempt to send you the data through the portal. ( I assume that is possible, though I am largely forum ignorant <shrug>) He's not tricked out yet, but he's a handsome fellow. ;)

modron

Loops

Postby modron » Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:23 pm

I found a tutorial that explains looping w the IPO editor at 'Juicy Blender'. great site...( YOU MUST HAVE A CLEAN BLENDER! hehehe )
The tutorial is 'basic keyframe editing 2'. I still don't know what applying a 'patch' does, but I am guessing it has something to do with auidio,...unfortunately, I have been unable to load OGGs for some reason. ( something to do with me i suspect ) If anyone is wondering how to convert sound files to OGG, try a freeware program called 'Audacity'. It's a very useful multi track sound recorder, with some neat edit functions. Another good free multitracker is 'QuartzStudio', which takes up a lot of active memory, but has a very high sampling rate, and, so, produces a very nice clean sample. Cheers. :wink:

Return to “Documentation & Education”