Large Muscled Man 02 Divisions 1-6

Discussions and feedback around the Open Projects such as Orange (Elephants Dream), Peach (Big Buck Bunny), Apricot (Yo Frankie!)...

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

MatrixNAN

Large Muscled Man 02 Divisions 1-6

Postby MatrixNAN » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:27 am

Hey Everyone,

Basically this set of models were done in Maya, ZBrush and Blender so can not be used directly for the Durian project but would make what I would hope to be a good reference to help out with the Durian project. I personally worked on the model and long with Nick Zuccarello who made it public earlier. Some pictures of the enhancements that I did to the model. The idea is that this makes for a good male base character model in which to derive all other male models. In the case of the Durian I hope it will provide as a good reference for the male base character model.

I have not painted textures yet at this time. This model along with several others I have done entirely by me are part of The Omega project my own personal game project for a Blender game. I am also coding in C++ etc. Its just me working on the project so it will be some time before I have the game in a state where I would want to show it. There will be more updates to this male character in the future. I am posting it now early in its earlier stages for the Benefit of the Durian Project. :) ;) I will be cheering you guys on all of the way.

Requirements for Blender 2.49 is 10 Gigs of Ram for Blender 2.5 5 gigs is required. I recommend there to be more ram in the system beyond the required amounts.

License is the Archive 3D CC license for both commercial and non-commercial:
By downloading 3D model you are agree with:

1. This 3D model is provided "as is", entirely at your own risk.
2. Archive3D.net doesn't accept any claims regarding quality of 3D model or any standards conformity.
3. This model may be used in any commercial way only if it is a part of artwork or project. Single reselling or redistribution of this model is prohibited.
4. This model may be freely modificated or elaborated.

Remark: The models are provided in *.blend. The basic ways of use are 3D Visualisation, Interior Design, Architectural Visualisation, Landscape Design, 3D Animation and 3D Art, Games.

Large Muscled Man 02 Division 6-1: Images based on Division 7 that I could not export out of ZBrush nor do I believe that it would load in Blender at 40+ million polys.

Download Models Here from my website:
http://www.hyperactivestudios.net/LargeMuscleMan02D6_1.7z

Cheers,
Nate Nesler
Sleep is a friend I wish I could visit with more often.

ton
Site Admin

Postby ton » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:12 am

Hi,

Wonderful model! I've copied it for mirroring to blender.org now:
http://download.blender.org/durian/Larg ... n02D6_1.7z

Nate: be aware that the CC-by license doesn't allow you to add additional restrictions like you mention. You only have to define a proper credit for the model, for people who use or distribute it.

If you don't want people to sell it, use CC-by-nc. Check the Creative Commons website if you want to learn more about it.

-Ton-

MatrixNAN

CC By NC Not Compatible

Postby MatrixNAN » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:45 am

Hey Ton,

I really like this license better. I looked over the CC By NC but I really do want people to use it commercially. I just don't want someone to do single reselling or to include it with pack of models for resale. I feel that is wrong. Any other commercial or non-commercial use of it is cool by me and they do not even have to give attribution which I saw in the CC license. I guess I want something more open than the CC license.

By downloading 3D model you are agree with:

1. This 3D model is provided "as is", entirely at your own risk.
2. Nathaniel Alan Nesler doesn't accept any claims regarding quality of 3D model or any standards conformity.
3. This model may be used in any commercial way only if it is a part of artwork or project. Single reselling or redistribution of this model as part of a model pack is prohibited.
4. This model may be freely modificated or elaborated.
5. If no attribution is given there can not be a claim that another person created developed this 3D model.

Remark: The models are provided in *.blend. The basic ways of use are 3D Visualisation, Interior Design, Architectural Visualisation, Landscape Design, 3D Animation and 3D Art, Games.

If this is not possible than a straight CC license I think will be best.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler
Sleep is a friend I wish I could visit with more often.

LadeHeria

Postby LadeHeria » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:24 pm

Beautiful!!!!

LadeHeria

Postby LadeHeria » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:01 pm

Hello guys,
I decided with the french forum The Blender Clan to a normal map for this model.
But I haven't a computer with 10 G Ram and blender 2.5 can't bake normal maps.
So made a fellow member the normal map. It looks like this :
http://hostit.warrenberberd.org/dl.php? ... 20e0593da2
Here are the threads for the maps :
1024 and 2048 versions
4096 version
7680 version
Thinks to Casse toi
Level 1 with normal map...
http://hostit.warrenberberd.org/dl.php? ... f9f3cd4c8f

Return to “Blender Open Projects”