Blender 2.5 svn - BGE compiling failure

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

mimii

Blender 2.5 svn - BGE compiling failure

Postby mimii » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:58 pm

I always appreciate new versions of blender and recently I even got the svn repository and started to build my own versions as I wanted to have more recent and special configured builds of blender.
Unfortunately I did only solve a subset of the problems I have. First of all compiling and so on works great in general. The devil is in the details...

I used to know nothing about blenders game engine but got interested in it recently. But somehow it always fails to build for me. I use an Ubuntu 9.10 on an older laptop (but I think the hardware is of no importance for the issue) with all the requirements for buidling and so on installed.
Basically in the end of the building process (scons) the linker tells me that it does not find the main function in some file but here it is in detail:

Compiling ==> 'buildinfo.c'
Linking program ==> 'blender'
Using existing python from:
"../install/linux2/.blender/python/lib/python3.1"
(skipping copy)

Linking program ==> 'blenderplayer'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.4.1/../../../../lib/crt1.o: In function `_start':
/build/buildd/eglibc-2.10.1/csu/../sysdeps/i386/elf/start.S:115: undefined reference to `main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
scons: *** [/home/mimi/build/build/linux2/bin/blenderplayer] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

(Note that before it did show error messages particulary in a bad_*/stubs.c file if you need that output please ask for it)

If any of you has any idea it would be great if you would tell me as at least the BGE is completely useless for me by now.

A second problem is a constant segfaulting on saving rendering output (animation) into an AVI file with Theora/OGG codec. By the way there is also no way of creating Vorbis files which would be more useful to have a completely free output format in blender (I think this should be possibly with ffmpeg which is included anyway but maybe this is just because the not-too-complete status of blender 2.5).

thank you for any help.

Return to “Testing Builds”