Sintel logo/indentity

Discussions and feedback around the Open Projects such as Orange (Elephants Dream), Peach (Big Buck Bunny), Apricot (Yo Frankie!)...

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

mzungu

Postby mzungu » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:21 pm

My 2nd entry (much better than my first, IMO :) )

and the SVG link.

Some really great stuff here! Stiff compo! :D

Danielonson

Another proposal

Postby Danielonson » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:59 am

Carbon Lightning

Postby Carbon Lightning » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:00 am

Hope I'm not too late :shock:

A variant with a color to contrast the white
another variant
my last variant
I would've tried to add some cool leathery or (brown?) brushed aluminum as the fill, but I had a hard enough time trying to figure out how to use inkscape.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?y2jztmmmgna

IMHO I think a combo of mine and HizaRo's 3rd picture would be the perfect logo.

P.S. - I'm not too fond of the "t" or "e", feel free to go Frankenstein on my pic :wink:
Last edited by Carbon Lightning on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

tinonetic

Black and white, tried to make it tell the story

Postby tinonetic » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:24 am

PassPose244

Logo Submitions

Postby PassPose244 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:20 am

These are my submissions for the Sintel Open Movie Project. I wasn't sure how I felt about the title of the film until I read Sintel was a word meaning ember and fire. It then made so much since to me, and inspired my first logo. I looked at how fire carves its way through wood and the shapes it makes.

The black and the white logo and actually slightly different (the white is slightly thinner) the negative space either got lost or bleed out into the logo too much.

Here is a colored version, I like it against black. This is simply a mock, as I do not know how to handle gradients in Inkscape yet.
LOGO 1 Embers .svg: http://www.mediafire.com/?euomdz1jtti

My second logo takes a more graphic approach to the title. Like many here I love 3D so working with flat graphics can be a bit tricky but, man, do they pack a punch.

LOGO 2 Dragons Head .svg: http://www.mediafire.com/?m55nzrbmlzz

tinonetic

More

Postby tinonetic » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:27 am

tinonetic

more

Postby tinonetic » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:14 am

uno

Postby uno » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:00 pm

Stylized tree work in progress (text and logo still temporary):

I'm being careful to avoid the "mushroom effect" :-)

Feel free to use this shape in your designs if you think it is useful :-)

kaboing

Postby kaboing » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:54 pm

mzungu wrote:
I really like this one, kaboing. It has potential! The only elements that distract are the 't' and the 'l'. I feel the 't' tilts a tad far to the right and needs a simpler crossbar, while the 'l' doesn't seem to fit with the feel of the rest - almost like a tacked on afterthought from another font family. One more refinment level could bring this one to the forefront, IMO. Good work!

I'm glad you liked it! I tried to do some adjustments, but I haven't done all of your sugestions yet.... If there's still time I'll post a different "L" ...
For now I've worked on the letters wich I thought that were too thin. Here's a preview:

boing!

Valentijn

SintelTitleTinyImprovements

Postby Valentijn » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:17 pm

Last edited by Valentijn on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodriguez

Re: SintelTitleTinyImprovements

Postby rodriguez » Sat May 01, 2010 10:10 am

uno

Postby uno » Sat May 01, 2010 12:04 pm

Stylized dragon tree:

The typeface is Romande from Arkandis Digital Foundry. It is a free font and can be installed as an Ubuntu package.

Logo with text:

Logo in context and cleaned-up SVG will follow!

bmud

Re: Logo Submitions

Postby bmud » Sat May 01, 2010 6:35 pm

PassPose244 wrote:These are my submissions for the Sintel Open Movie Project. I wasn't sure how I felt about the title of the film until I read Sintel was a word meaning ember and fire. It then made so much since to me, and inspired my first logo. I looked at how fire carves its way through wood and the shapes it makes.

The black and the white logo and actually slightly different (the white is slightly thinner) the negative space either got lost or bleed out into the logo too much.

Dude.... That's really brave design, and you're awesome. It breaks all the rules, which goes to show that you know how the rules work, and you're willing to step outside of them. Rock on, man!

bmud

Logo Mashups

Postby bmud » Sat May 01, 2010 7:30 pm

I think some of the entries for the Sintel logo competition were really awesome, though no single logo really had the pizazz or pop I was hoping to see. The strength of any production is when a logo is handled by multiple people. I wanted to take the elements from the logo entries that I really liked, and do some mash-ups. I hope no one thinks I'm trying to win with these, I just wanted to play around and sort of make some "Super Logos".

To reiterate, GREAT JOB to you guys that made the respective entries that I picked from. I was really amazed.

ton
Site Admin

Re: Logo Mashups

Postby ton » Sun May 02, 2010 6:05 pm

So much great work here, amazing! The idea of using several designs for on a couple of tees, could work out OK.

For the official poster, the website, and in the film itself we should stick to a single design though. That's not a matter of picking a "winner", we just pick one of the designs we like best. Everyone here is a winner!

-Ton-

Return to “Blender Open Projects”