Durian Game?

Discussions and feedback around the Open Projects such as Orange (Elephants Dream), Peach (Big Buck Bunny), Apricot (Yo Frankie!)...

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

cookyman

Durian Game?

Postby cookyman » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:35 am

Hey, On every, or almost every open movie there was a game following it, And on how Epic the Durian movie is going to be you guys aka: the blender institute, should make a game for it. although it would be hard for blender to handle all the fighting animations to put in the game engine. It might be depending on how much effort you guys put in it it could be good enough to rate and sell at Walmart, Target and other big stores. Even though this goes against the whole "open game project" it could happen. I mean if this does become a major game it could attract a lot of people and "animation masters" I mean th9ink about it it sounds good but it all depends on how much work yall put into this thing it might be to early to even think about this but if the movie is a big hit then people want more. You could start a series or episodes or even a full leangth movie! Just think about it......

Noz

Re: Durian Game?

Postby Noz » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:07 am

Considering there have only been 2 open movies. Only one has had a game. This is only one game. The rest probably won't be games. Yo Frankie was it's own project.

Jimmyon

Postby Jimmyon » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:25 pm

But with some luck, a game project will start after the movie is finished :D
My blog and portfolio: www.manuell3d.wordpress.com

Noz

Postby Noz » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:18 am

Jimmyon wrote:But with some luck, a game project will start after the movie is finished :D

Well, the game engine isn't all that great to begin with. I think that maybe in the next blender, 3.x, they might improve it. But until then, I don't think the blender foundation wants to put to much effort into the BGE.

Return to “Blender Open Projects”