Dubbing Sintel in other languages than English?

Discussions and feedback around the Open Projects such as Orange (Elephants Dream), Peach (Big Buck Bunny), Apricot (Yo Frankie!)...

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

aaribaud

Dubbing Sintel in other languages than English?

Postby aaribaud » Sun May 16, 2010 12:02 pm

Hi all,

Just saw the Sintel trailer. I thought Peach set the visual bar, but you just raised it once again. And... dialogues now ? Where are you people going to stop ? :)

However, this calls the whole idea of dubbing... Saw no sign of it in the Open projects forum... Any plans for having Sintel dubbed?

I can hardly ask for something and not offer help... So here it is: if dubbing is considered, then I'd gladly volunteer for having a go at writing the dubbed French dialogues -- that pretty much requires only the script -- and also maybe voicing some (male) character in French, although I realize this would be much more difficult to put in place.

Once again, congrats to everyone involved!

audioman

Spanish dubbing service

Postby audioman » Sun May 16, 2010 9:29 pm

Hi there!

This is Alex Sanchez from Mexico. I just saw Sintel trailer and I'm asking the same question than aaribaud. I have an studio here and would like to collaborate (according the open source rules, of course), with the LatAm Spanish localization.

We can provide translation, adaptation, talent casting, direction and recording in sync of the whole characters, then we'll send you back the voices in sync in order to re-insert in your original audio session(s).

Please let me know if you are interested.
Alex Sanchez
audiomania.mx

Programador 3D

Postby Programador 3D » Tue May 18, 2010 7:26 pm

Hello!
My name is Marcelo and I want to dub Sintel in the Brazilian (portuguese) language. I wanna to know if the movie will be released with the audio channels separated(one to voice and other to music and sound effects) like the first version of Elephant Dream. Thank you so much.

negrolder

What about fan dubbing?

Postby negrolder » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:28 pm

I would like to make a dubbing version too. I'm not sure if it's going to be a grait quality as audioman can offer, but, as an open movie, It would be nice to have the whole sound without dialogs (voices), so anyone can make their own dubbing project, even if the final DVD could have various audio languages.

I was looking at this for elephant dreams but no luck (i'd love to start with it, just two voices in a short... it's perfect for starting!).

Wish you luck and succes.

aaribaud

Re: What about fan dubbing?

Postby aaribaud » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:52 pm

Right, then... Sintel is out, and I saw no reaction from sintel people about a dubbed version...

[EDIt] Subtitles are there, too. Again, pity my call did not reach the folks who did it, so I could not offer them to take part in it. Anyone know a better channel than these forums to reach subtitling/dubbing folks who take part in these projects?

frog

Postby frog » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:50 pm

I would also like to make a dubed version in esperanto.
I think dubing is a good way to support the movie. Maybe it´s because dubbed movies are rare in the netherlands. But in other countrys ist very common so it would be wonderfull if this could be possible.

EDIT: I just found the sintel dvd http://www.blender3d.org/e-shop/product_info_n.php?products_id=120

it includes
"All .blend files, models, textures, and so on... the material used to create the movie."

does that mean that the sound files are also on that dvd in a way you can use it for dubing?

Programador 3D

Postby Programador 3D » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:06 pm

Here is the brazilian portuguese dubbing. Thank you so much to Ton and Jam by provide the original audio soundtrack. Me and my wife are very happy. Enjoy.

http://vimeo.com/20053587

Return to “Blender Open Projects”