Game Kit

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

FrozenFox

Game Kit

Postby FrozenFox » Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:05 pm

:cry:
When will Game Kit book will be included under the open source documentation? I think it going to attract a lot of programmers - which might help improve Blender.

The project on the CD can be made as downloadables like that Blender 2.0 manual.

After all, BlenderFund goal 3 is to make it's a free access :lol:

(See sidebar).

matt_e

Postby matt_e » Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:32 am

My guess is probably not for quite a while. It did cost quite a bit of money to make the book - paying the authors for their time, design and layout, printing, distributions. These costs need to be recovered. On top of this, books like the gamekit are one of the few sources of funding for the Blender Foundation and will probably be kept for as long as they are generating a reasonable amount of income.

FrozenFox

Hmmm.....nice idea ;-)

Postby FrozenFox » Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:59 pm

Now I can see that July sale is up. It's a really good idea - and price!
I'm going to but it sometime this month.
Game Kit + Tex maps + Manual (free anyway) for USD 39.90 - whoa!

But anyway - to who the money will go to? Nan? Blender Foundation? And for what it will be used? Pay resident programmers? License cool libs under engine license (FMOD is a good example of a cool way to use money)?

Sorry for much question - but I'm new here ;-)

joeri

Postby joeri » Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:49 pm

I think FrozenFox is funny.

How old is this game kit now? 1 year? Seems like ages ago I made blenderball.
So I'd expect this "everything should be free" peoples to share what they make, but to my big surprice I see the 'new' stuff on www.blender3d.org are files I made a copy of about a years ago at the bankrupcy of NaN.

I'm not sure how a free gamekit is going to make blender better.
Could you explain that?

-Joeri

Return to “Documentation & Education”