Dupli verts broken?

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

The_Nerd

Dupli verts broken?

Postby The_Nerd » Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:17 pm

When I try to do the tut on making a mace (I don't remember where it is) I make the spikes, then I put down the ico sphere, and parent the spikes to the sphere then do a dupli verts with the sphere. The spikes are all pointing the same direction at this point, just like they should be. Now in the tut they say to push the "ot" (rotate acoding to face normals) button, then the spikes don't do what it shows in the tut. They turn all random directions. What am I doing wrong?

S68

Postby S68 » Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:39 am

Duplivert is not broken, and what you describe is its normal behaviour. One axis of the child gets alighed to the parents normal, and evidently it is not the axis you expect to be.

Anyway this is a meta-forum to discuss on documentation, not a Q&A forum for Blender users, I'd strongly advice you to post your questions on www.elysiun.com on the pertinent forum

Stefano

The_Nerd

Oh, sorry

Postby The_Nerd » Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:19 pm

Oh... ok. I just posted it here because this says documentation & Eucation but thanks for your help.[/u]

Return to “Documentation & Education”