when game engine rereleased, we need to fix this

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Doogs

when game engine rereleased, we need to fix this

Postby Doogs » Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:33 pm

we need to fix the bug where when you append a model or anything, it unpacks the sounds.

anyone know why it does this?
:P

doogs

joeri

Postby joeri » Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:20 pm

Use of wrong define? Same define used twice?
It does not have an easy fix, as I understood from Janco.

Furthermore,... the audio/sound system is a bit wacky to use anyway.
More optimal would be to put "speakers" into the 3d scene, just like adding camera's & lights a speaker could be an object type.

Sutabi

Postby Sutabi » Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:14 pm

Don't mean to be poky or anything, but how would creating speakers as an object help optimize? Would it becuase you could maybe have an addition interface for sound for the speaker object and varibles on when it plays and repeat etc....?

Mind filling me in a bit more, cuase I am currently playing around with the source and well I dont go anywhere near the sound and network ^_^.

snowy_duck

Postby snowy_duck » Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:22 pm

well how in the world do you even erase sounds from the file!? if i added a song to a game i'm making it slows down the test gameplay and the loading times. how do u erase the sound file completly from the .blend?

Saluk

Postby Saluk » Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:15 pm

You can unpack the sounds, then delete the files it makes on your hard drive, then pack again, and save, and all sounds will be gone. Or you could just delete the ones you want to delete.

You should be able to have it pull the sounds out of an external directory, but it always changes the path from "//sounds" to the full path when you save. Maybe this would be an easier fix, making it keep the path to the sounds as "//sounds".

Return to “Interactive 3d”