How to change color.

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

3drook

How to change color.

Postby 3drook » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:09 pm

I need help on changing an objects color mid animation. such as a red ball turn to green. I can do it in 2.4 but have not figured it out on 2.5. please help.

3drook

Monty

Postby Monty » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:13 am

Remember everything in 2.5 is animatible. In the material tab right click over what you want changed, in this case the diffuse and simply select Insert Keyframe, move the time line and changed the keyframe then insert another keyframe.

I think there is also a way to do it with nodes but I don't have much experience with them.

Hope that helps.

ewcromwell

Postby ewcromwell » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:11 pm

Monty wrote:Remember everything in 2.5 is animatible. In the material tab right click over what you want changed, in this case the diffuse and simply select Insert Keyframe, move the time line and changed the keyframe then insert another keyframe.

Thank you that answered my question too! :D

healthydiets

Postby healthydiets » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:23 am

Thanks Monty for the intelligent answer. I am new to this software and trying to experiment a lot of things.

Monty

Postby Monty » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:07 am

God, my grammar in that post was terrible.

Thanks, happy to help.

If your new to Blender, check out blendercookie.org and blenderguru.com they are very good for beginners. Also consider purchasing something from the blender e-shop (top right of this page) to support further development of Blender.

KittenKoder

Postby KittenKoder » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:13 pm

It may also be wise to look at the Graph Editor (use to be IPO editor). It will allow you to alter how the change is made. It's a useful tool for many things but for any texture or material settings changed during animation it's priceless.

Return to “Animation”