Super-sampling and anti-aliasing

An open space where people who use Blender in an academic environment can share progress and the typical problems and needs of academic environments.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

tevhadij

Super-sampling and anti-aliasing

Postby tevhadij » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:53 pm

Dear all,

I am a computer graphics professor and one of my areas of expertise is sampling. I have recently designed a family of new approaches to supersampling (better kernels) and found them to work very well in my own prototype.

As the next step, I decided to implement them into Blender, figuring that this would benefit a larger audience. In the process, I have been somewhat confused with what I can infer from Blender's source-code.

Is there a kind and soul reading this list who is interested in this topic, knows a bit about the workings of Blender, and available to exchange a few words with me?

Kind regards,
Tev

stiv

Postby stiv » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:41 pm

If you are in a hurry, a good place for quick development discussion is the #blendercoders IRC channel on freenode.net . During the day euro time is often a good time to chat.

There is also the bf-committers mailing list for a more asynchronous discussion.

tevhadij

Postby tevhadij » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:27 pm

Thanks stiv,

I am not in a big hurry, so I will post the message to the bf-committers list and see if anybody replies. If that doesn't work, I'll try to find somebody on IRC.

Kind regards,
Tev

Return to “Academic & Research”