Energetics for Architecture

An open space where people who use Blender in an academic environment can share progress and the typical problems and needs of academic environments.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

tmaes

Energetics for Architecture

Postby tmaes » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:51 pm

Hi,

I'm a cg architect and also Energetic Auditor certified for my region (Belgium, Wallonia), and I develop (a bit).
To audit a building, the auditors have to use a local software (written in Java) that is not graphical (neither open) at all. I don't think it's the good way to take the problem.
I began to learn Python for Blender 2.5 a few weeks ago and although my syntax is still weird, I can +/- do what I want with it (and with time!).

To the subject:
I want to develop an interface in blender, to study Energetic Deperdition in buildings. And make it able to communicate with other thermic applications, if possible. I also want to use Blender tools(like materials) the best way they can be.

What I'm talking about:
- envelopes of warmed (or cooled) buildings: walls, roofs, floors, windows...
- material properties: Lambda(insulation unit), thickness, R ...
- calculate surfaces, volumes
- take care of orientation of faces (N,S,E,W...)

Thus I open this subject, if anyone has an idea, an advice, wants to help, or whatever, I'm totally open. I'll post here the evolutions of the script.

Anyway, thanks for reading, I hope that other energetic actors use Blender and that it will interest them (I found no similar subject in the forums).

NB: I've already coded this kind of plugs for 3dsmax here is an illustration of an "enveloppe", each color represents a wall structure, it could be better with windows that are actually added by hand in the java software. The second image is the thermic result of the model.

--
tmaes

Return to “Academic & Research”