blender 2.54 64bit (official beta) - Win7 64bit

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

craigl--

blender 2.54 64bit (official beta) - Win7 64bit

Postby craigl-- » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:18 am

I'm suddenly having an issue with blender 2.54 64 bit and wondering if someone can offer advice. On Tuesday, Windows Update installed an update, I refrained from rebooting as I was in the middle of something, but then rebooted on Wednesday. When the machine restarted, both screens were displaying the same thing, and the resolution was set to 800x600. After much swearing and m$ complaining, I re-downloaded the drivers for my display card (ATI-4550) and reinstalled them, then re-setup my desktop. Things seemed fine.

However, now when I run blender 2.54 64bit, it simply crashes fairly soon into the startup procedure; only the cmd window ever gets displayed.

I've tried:
- lower resolutions
- choosing a non-aero theme
- reinstalling blender (it seems to redo the vc redist now also)

None of these things have made any difference.

I had a few blender things on the go, and I'm really needing to finish them up, and I'm not really sure waiting for the next beta release will fix anything.

Does anyone have any other ideas of things to look for/reinstall/remove/install/debug?

Thanks,
CraigL

craigl--

Postby craigl-- » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:50 am

Well, a little playing around and now I can't even get the ATI driver to load up properly. Ironically, Blender works fine now.

I guess almost a year of no problem from the updates was a reasonable run, be damn sure it's getting turned off after I reinstall Windows.
CraigL

Return to “Testing Builds”