Hello from University of Plymouth

An open space where people who use Blender in an academic environment can share progress and the typical problems and needs of academic environments.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

domejunky

Hello from University of Plymouth

Postby domejunky » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Hello All,

I'm just watching Peppe Cirotti's presentation - I can't believe I didn't know about this section of the forum.

We teach Blender to our undergraduates for media production and to understand perception and cognition for immersive media. We also run workshops, often centred around Blender. We use it for pre-rendered and real-time fulldome content creation, which often includes visualization of data, including: Soil Porosity, LIDAR, GIS, Atomic Force Microscopy, Bathymetry....

Happy to help promote Blender amongst the academic community....

Pete

pep

Postby pep » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:15 am

well, maybe that's was our fault:

we just wrote to people we knew were active in the academic environment, but didn't think to announce it with some more large scale technique. :roll:

That was a big reason for the presentation at the conference and i am happy it worked.

There is a real interest in developing effective ways to teach blender, and the things you do go farther. Can you give us a little more detail about your work?
Personally i am interested in GIS and real-time fulldome content creation but i'am sure many others wold appreciate some extra detail.

Thank to join us and let's keep building a happy and effective community of blender users in academic environment.

MonZop

Postby MonZop » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:51 pm

Hi Pete,

Welcome to Blender academic!

would you like to give a link to your University, and in particular to the projects that use Blender?
I am personally interested in the dome technology, but probably other people will find useful a description of the various uses.

Thanks

monica

Return to “Academic & Research”