Hallway lighting

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Datawraith

Hallway lighting

Postby Datawraith » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:34 pm

So I'm new to blender and stuff. . .

anyway I made a school hallway but I can't get the lighting to light the hallway in the right way. How can I make the lighting to look more normal?

This is what I keep getting.

[/img]

ldo

Postby ldo » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:03 am

It looks like you have placed the lights along the walls, or facing the walls. Is this the effect you want? Normally a hallway would have its lights in the ceiling.

Tip: you can place a light inside a translucent object, and have it shine through, making it look like the object is the source of the light.

Datawraith

Postby Datawraith » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:13 pm

ldo wrote:It looks like you have placed the lights along the walls, or facing the walls. Is this the effect you want? Normally a hallway would have its lights in the ceiling.

Tip: you can place a light inside a translucent object, and have it shine through, making it look like the object is the source of the light.

the lights are on the ceiling. . .

ldo

Postby ldo » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:42 pm

Try putting them behind translucent ceiling panels, then. Or you can even have ceiling panels with an emission factor, which means they act as lights.

Datawraith

Postby Datawraith » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:00 am

ldo wrote:Try putting them behind translucent ceiling panels, then. Or you can even have ceiling panels with an emission factor, which means they act as lights.

I'll try that when I get the chance, Then I'll let you know how that goes!

Return to “Interface & Tools”