need help with collada problem

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

clemensm

need help with collada problem

Postby clemensm » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:37 pm

Hello ! Maybe somebody can help me with this problem. I am using 2.5 alpha and have the following problem: I am building anything for example a chair.Then i place a texture on it with the uv image editor. After that i will export the chair as a collada. But the collada file lost the texture. What is the problem. I cant understand what i am doing wrong. In Blender 2.49 i dont have this problem. :?

radamanthe

Re: need help with collada problem

Postby radamanthe » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:25 am

clemensm wrote:Hello ! Maybe somebody can help me with this problem. I am using 2.5 alpha and have the following problem: I am building anything for example a chair.Then i place a texture on it with the uv image editor. After that i will export the chair as a collada. But the collada file lost the texture. What is the problem. I cant understand what i am doing wrong. In Blender 2.49 i dont have this problem. :?

I have no problem finding bitmap textures paths in Collada using 2.5, but from what I experienced, the Collada exporter has changed a lot in 2.5: according to the sources, it is no longer the Illusoft's python plugin, but a native code in C (I just can't wait for the profile_GLSL field to be implemented so I would not have to deal so much with my shaders code). However, I could manage to keep up with bitmap textures with minor changes on the other side.

Do you have a .blend sample?

Equilibrium

Re: need help with collada problem

Postby Equilibrium » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:05 pm

clemensm wrote:Hello ! Maybe somebody can help me with this problem. I am using 2.5 alpha and have the following problem: I am building anything for example a chair.Then i place a texture on it with the uv image editor. After that i will export the chair as a collada. But the collada file lost the texture. What is the problem. I cant understand what i am doing wrong. In Blender 2.49 i dont have this problem. :?

You must assign a material to your object and a texture. Use UV Mapping. Then it will work. Collada must have correct material and texture attributes set.

kaskamc

Postby kaskamc » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:42 am

I import the a Collada model from Solidworks to VSE, and find it is much more brighter than Solidworks.
Why this happened? And how can I make it the same as in Solidworks?
Does it have some relationship with the color of the sun?

Meanwhile, I find the impored entity does not participate in phycial calculation, and if I switch the VSE to Phyics mode the imported entity is read not like the normal white.
This is my code, is it right?

ColladaToMSRS collada = new ColladaToMSRS(@"D:\Microsoft_Robotics_Dev_Studio_2008_Academic\store\media\Collada\test.dae");
foreach (VisualEntity entity in collada.Entities)
{
SimulationEngine.GlobalInstancePort.Insert(entity);
}

This inported entity like the TriangleMeshShape very much, can I make them move and detected collision? In fact, in my program this is the most important thing, but I found this fact depressingly. Dose the function "entity.Meshes[0].ComputeBoundingVolume();" can make the entity be able to move?

How can I make the sky darker?

And does the sky.Meshes have relationship with the problem?

PS1:What's the function of file "skydome.dds", "sky_diff.dds"?

PS2:I find three light entities and one camera entity in the VSE after import, how can I remove them from the Collada model?

PS3:Can I use the following code to add an entity imported from Collada?

box.State.Assets.Mesh = @"D:\Microsoft_Robotics_Dev_Studio_2008_Academic\store\media\Collada\vvv.dae";
// Insert entity in simulation.
SimulationEngine.GlobalInstancePort.Insert(box);

Return to “Testing Builds”