Next blender open movie?

Discussions and feedback around the Open Projects such as Orange (Elephants Dream), Peach (Big Buck Bunny), Apricot (Yo Frankie!)...

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

woody730b

Next blender open movie?

Postby woody730b » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:04 am

So here's the deal folks. We've seen what blender is capable of visually. Now it's time to put it through all of its paces. I have the next open movie project idea. Good news is tha, unlike Sintel, I have a completed script. Now what do I need?

Well I need a lot of things. This could be the opportunity for the community at large to put belnder really out there!

I need:
Python scripters
2D and 3D artists/modelers
Animation riggers
Animaters
and anyone who just wants to help![/list]

dreadnort

Animator

Postby dreadnort » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:26 pm

would love to give you a hand animating i've dropped you a mail

cheers Dread

pcfreak1997

Postby pcfreak1997 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:16 pm

could you please post some other information on it, e.g. concept, planned duration? it sounds interesting this far.

woody730b

Postby woody730b » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:30 am

pcfreak1997 wrote:could you please post some other information on it, e.g. concept, planned duration? it sounds interesting this far.

Sure!

Concept: Fantasy along with Steam Punk style and a little bit of a twist. I don't want to give away too much at this time.

Planned Duration: I think, if a group is willing to work together, we should only focus on the first minute. Since this is an online collaboration project, this will test the patience of those who are willing to work on this. I have about 45 pages of script. So, I have invested the first two years (off and on) working on this project.

What else I need: I really need concept art for scenery and characters. I'm using MakeHuman for the human models, but there are a few beasts as well.

What I'm looking for in a team: Dedicated people of all experience levels who are willing to learn and share ideas. The project management/oversight belongs to me, but I'm willing to hear opinions.

dreadnort

cool

Postby dreadnort » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:49 pm

Sound very interesting

woody730b wrote:
pcfreak1997 wrote:could you please post some other information on it, e.g. concept, planned duration? it sounds interesting this far.

Sure!

Concept: Fantasy along with Steam Punk style and a little bit of a twist. I don't want to give away too much at this time.

Planned Duration: I think, if a group is willing to work together, we should only focus on the first minute. Since this is an online collaboration project, this will test the patience of those who are willing to work on this. I have about 45 pages of script. So, I have invested the first two years (off and on) working on this project.

What else I need: I really need concept art for scenery and characters. I'm using MakeHuman for the human models, but there are a few beasts as well.

What I'm looking for in a team: Dedicated people of all experience levels who are willing to learn and share ideas. The project management/oversight belongs to me, but I'm willing to hear opinions.

spaceplane

Postby spaceplane » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:20 am

Hello, my name is Jordan Michalski and I am an aspiring character animator from California who would love to help on an open movie. I can also model and have been using Blender for 4 years now. I am attempting to sign up for an internship, but in the meantime, I would love to work with you. I would email you my information, but the site will not allow me too! I signed up just to join, so please email me back at thecopilots@yahoo.com

Happy Blending until then!

TWS Admin.

Postby TWS Admin. » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:11 pm

do you have anyone doing music and sound design? i would like to try to do that.
here is a link to all of my musical examples:
http://soundcloud.com/tws-soundlab
you didn't see anything!!!

stefanocelsi

Postby stefanocelsi » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:25 pm

i'd love to help as a 3d artist ...i culd help in some small tasks i've been working in 3d for along time but i don't have time to do big things like characters...if you realy need help i could model them ,but what id like to is to help you with the small things like weapons or things that you see in the enviroment

Aerny

Postby Aerny » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:50 pm

I can help with the musical score and sound textures. I have a wide range of experience in score writing for film, musical, audio branding, short videos and documentaries.

Authentic composition and highly skilful orchestration are my greatest strengths. If you google on Arnold Veeman you get various bits and parts of information about the works I did in the past few years. On my website this info is summarized, of course. The address to get there is:
www.arnoldveeman.com

This project looks like big fun to me, so I am willing to put in some of my best efforts to make it successful, musically speaking, and I know that music makes a significant difference to the story.
with kind regards,

Arnold Veeman | music composer | producer

sonic branding | HypeCast © | orchestration

www.arnoldveeman.com

TWS Admin.

Postby TWS Admin. » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:50 am

Aerny wrote:I can help with the musical score and sound textures. I have a wide range of experience in score writing for film, musical, audio branding, short videos and documentaries.

Authentic composition and highly skilful orchestration are my greatest strengths. If you google on Arnold Veeman you get various bits and parts of information about the works I did in the past few years. On my website this info is summarized, of course. The address to get there is:
www.arnoldveeman.com

This project looks like big fun to me, so I am willing to put in some of my best efforts to make it successful, musically speaking, and I know that music makes a significant difference to the story.

I wouldn't mind helping you with that too. As I posted earlier, I also work with music and sound design (music primarily). I know that some movies and shorts have two score composers. If you would permit, we could both work on the score.

Aerny

Postby Aerny » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:35 pm

Hey TWS Admin! That would be very cool!! I did some other stuff in the past with other composers and among them were some of the greatest projects I ever did. So yeah, I am looking forward to work on this together!
with kind regards,

www.arnoldveeman.com

TWS Admin.

Postby TWS Admin. » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:00 pm

Aerny wrote:Hey TWS Admin! That would be very cool!! I did some other stuff in the past with other composers and among them were some of the greatest projects I ever did. So yeah, I am looking forward to work on this together!

Allright then. I look forward to working with you on this.

Aerny

Postby Aerny » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Hi woody730b,

Is there any progress in your ideas which you can share with us?
with kind regards,

www.arnoldveeman.com

TWS Admin.

Postby TWS Admin. » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:47 am

I agree with Aerny there. Any storyboards?

woody730b

Postby woody730b » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:39 am

Sorry, I've been away for job related stuff. I will start getting Ideas out there for what I need. As far as music goes, I haven't really thought to hard about it.
3d artist I would love to work with.
You can usually find me on IRC freenode.net #blender or #blenderchat
I would love to have an open forum discussion in real time with as many people that I can get.

Return to “Blender Open Projects”