Funds for Blender through Goodsearch/shop?

Feedback to the Blender Foundation and the moderators of this website

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Tonttu

Funds for Blender through Goodsearch/shop?

Postby Tonttu » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:35 pm

Only US non-profits can be entered into Goodsearch.com, but is there a way to somehow channel funds to Blender through this?
Free Software Foundation is listed, but does it finance Blender development in any way? I know it supports the GNOME Foundation and that one leads to GIMP getting money.

I like it how you can select all sorts of non-typical targets for charity at Goodsearch.

stiv

Postby stiv » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:39 pm

The Blender Foundation is an independent organisation (a Dutch "stichting"), acting as a non-profit public benefit corporation

from http://www.blender.org/blenderorg/blender-foundation/

Tonttu

Postby Tonttu » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:00 pm

Yes I was referring exactly to the problem that the foundation is not a US non-profit. The point was finding some other way to direct the funds to Blender development.

stiv

Postby stiv » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:45 pm

Buy something from the Blender e-Shop. Blender gets some cash and you get some swag.

Other alternatives are donating to the Blender Foundation directly, writing some code, or help with testing.

Tonttu

Postby Tonttu » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:51 pm

..and by "the funds" I was referring to funds obtained through goodsearch/goodshop. This doesn't require you to personally transfer money to the non-profit you want to support, but instead you do your normal online stuff like search (it uses Yahoo) and buy products you need online and this activity raises money little by little. It's kind of like those "click for charity" -things, but makes way more sense to do.

So even if a person did all the things Stiv mentioned, they could "eat, drink and sleep" Blender even more fully by harnessing their routine online activities for its profit.

Return to “Foundation and Websites”