Blender User preferences (new user)

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Overs88

Blender User preferences (new user)

Postby Overs88 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:00 am

Hello blender community

Hello my name is Dustin Ill be on here a lot Im already addicted, but I downloaded the new version of Blender 2.56 beta and my user preferences are messed up. I was thinking if anyone could help me set up my preferences to make it easier to use on a mac. I have an apple mouse so no third mouse button. Also Im looking to have some help with the default block come up every time I open blender, it always goes to what i was working on before I closed blender, I would like the default block each time. Last, what is the best way to save files that I have been working on so it is easy to get back to them and also so the file does not take up a lot of space. If anyone can help ether post on here or send me an E-mail at oversd@rider.edu

psullie

Postby psullie » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:34 pm

to reset to Factory setting: File -> Load Factory Settings then Ctrl U to commit to your default.
The scroll buttons works as a third button on my mac mouse, however if you select Emulate 3 button Mouse in the Input User Preferences you can use Alt click instead (handy for the laptop)

Return to “Documentation & Education”