Need to record render times of single frames in animation

An open space where people who use Blender in an academic environment can share progress and the typical problems and needs of academic environments.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

StonedApe

Need to record render times of single frames in animation

Postby StonedApe » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:12 pm

hello fellow blender users,

I am currently writing my Extended Essay for IB and part of my investigation uses Blender.

I need the specific render times of each frame in an animation.

Is anyone aware of any way of documenting this data?

Jedijds

Postby Jedijds » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:14 pm

When you animate the frame times will be saved in the system’s python console.
Depending on the version you have it can be found in the “Help“ or “Window” drop down menu. Just toggle system console, then render the image or animation, must use the animation button or times will not be saved.
۞◄█°‖‖‖‖‖█ʭʭ╬(░▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

StonedApe

Postby StonedApe » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:42 pm

hey thanks a bunch. This reaally helps. But I would still appreciate if someone knew a way to save this data into a text file because I will later need to graph this data and it will be a real pain to type it manually.

Jedijds

Postby Jedijds » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:19 pm

Try this if you have windows (don’t have a mac so I would not know how to instruct you on that), in the system console, in the top left corner click on the command prompt symbol.
In the drop down click properties.
Go to the layout tab and in the screen buffer box increase the height setting. The higher the number will let you save more lines in the command prompt before they are erased.
Click ok. Now render with the animation button (I rendered 10 frames of a box to test this).
Now click on the command symbol again and hover over edit, then in the slide out click select all.
The command prompt should turn white. Press enter, and it should return to black (assuming the colors are set to default that is).
Open a word document and right click; paste.
۞◄█°‖‖‖‖‖█ʭʭ╬(░▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

StonedApe

Postby StonedApe » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:32 pm

oh yeaaa. thanks a million. This will save me an enormous amount of time. If I could I would put you in my Acknowledgements of my Extended Essay. Have a great day.

CoDEmanX

Postby CoDEmanX » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:32 pm

check out the render times addon!

https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-exte ... er_time.py

pointed out by meta-androcto
I'm sitting, waiting, wishing, building Blender in superstition...

Return to “Academic & Research”