Windows 7 64bit - working version release?

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

MagicMatt

Windows 7 64bit - working version release?

Postby MagicMatt » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:43 pm

I've downloaded the blender-2.49b-win64-python26 ZIP and tried it, but it refuses to see the Python I have installed (2.7.1) and most of the features I click on keep telling me I need a full Python install. I've spent the last hour trying to get it to work, but my patience has run out. If I had an error message maybe I could get further, but my only conclusion is the application needs further development to make it Win7 64 compatible.

Can anyone tell me when there may be a working version of Blender for Windows 7 64bit?

stiv

Postby stiv » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:57 pm

blender-2.49b-win64-python26

You need the version of python that blender was built with - in this case, 2.6. Latest 2.6 release at python.org was 2.6.6 last I looked. Try that one.

cesnyderces

Re: Windows 7 64bit - working version release?

Postby cesnyderces » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:23 am

MagicMatt wrote:I've downloaded the blender-2.49b-win64-python26 ZIP and tried it, but it refuses to see the Python I have installed (2.7.1) and most of the features I click on keep telling me I need a full Python install. I've spent the last hour trying to get it to work, but my patience has run out. If I had an error message maybe I could get further, but my only conclusion is the application needs further development to make it Win7 64 compatible.

Can anyone tell me when there may be a working version of Blender for Windows 7 64bit?

Brand new to this, but it's working for me, I just simply downloaded the zip file, and am working straight from the folder itself. I have Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit, quad core, 8gigs mem, etc.

Return to “Testing Builds”