particle effect controller

Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

daerhu

particle effect controller

Postby daerhu » Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:10 am

Is there a way to access the individual particles of a particle effect through python? I know that there are methods for setting the attributes of a Particle Effect (such as the force vector, number of particles, etc), but I don't see any ways to manipulate the particles directly.

I basically want to be able to use my own particle physics to create a particle effect without having to resort to creating new objects and meshes.

Thanks.

theeth

Postby theeth » Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:48 pm

Having seen the particles code in the source, there's approximately 0% chance of that happening ever, unless someone rewrites the particles code, probably completely.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Pablosbrain

Postby Pablosbrain » Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:39 pm

It would be very cool if we could get particles to act similar to what was presented at siggraph by newtek for their version 8 of lightwave.
Run the simulation which animates the particles... if a particle is not where you want it to be you can move it on that frame or move its entire path. It would be a very cool feature to have! It might even be easier as the particle animation would then be keyframed or have set paths that wouldn't change if your rendering on one machine vs another. I've had that happen once or twice for some reason. Don't believe I changed anything.. but that was a while back. I should do some testing.

theeth

Postby theeth » Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:28 pm

just make sure you set the Seed value to something different than 0 if you want fixed animation.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.

- John Lennon

Return to “Python”