Rise- Team Wanted

Discussions and feedback around the Open Projects such as Orange (Elephants Dream), Peach (Big Buck Bunny), Apricot (Yo Frankie!)...

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

sgtzombieking

Rise- Team Wanted

Postby sgtzombieking » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Hello, People Of Blender. I am looking for a skilled team of developers.
I will need, Skilled coders, modellers, concept artist, environment artist.
I have little to no skill as i have just started, and i do apologies. But this is something I have wanted to do for a while. I am not very old not going to lie, I am 15. So if you don't have much patients then I am sorry.

What i am looking for.
A HELPFUL, resourceful team

Last words before I get in to the basis of the game, I am 15 and trying to learn about game Dev And programming and thought this would be a good way to. I am Setting The goals high for this project so i may not do lots of the art, or programming but think it would be cool if i could pitch in or learn some stuff during the process of programming and mottling.

And Now for the game. Sorry for the wait.

I have had this idea for a while now. Its a zombie apocalypse based game with elements of RTS,FPS, 3rd Person, And open world sandbox.
The goal would be to have a randomly generated world that would spawn massive cites, high ways, farm land, and wilderness. you would be able to build almost any thing with materials given to you To build weapons, vehicles, and bases for "Clans" or "Tribes". It would be 3D and the RTS Element would be being able to bunker a building In to a base For you clan where you can pool resources, ammo and store vehicles and weapons.
You could upgrade you base and expand you territory well dominating the mass zombie hoards. You can Allie with Other "Clans" Or raid them would be up to the players.

What do you think? Is it Possible? and I know it is a big project but it would be really cool to see the outcome.

Thank,
L.R.M
L.R.M

terorist_popcorn

Postby terorist_popcorn » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:29 pm

Hey, the game seems fun and awesome :D

I think I might be able to help you with modeling things and items, although i'm not a blender pro. I cant make something that is supposed to be super realistic or too complicated. Also im not good at texturing because I don't really know where to find good textures, otherwise I might do something with it.

Please send me an email if I might help.

email: teroristpopcorn@gmail.com

farbw3rk

Re: Rise- Team Wanted

Postby farbw3rk » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:53 pm

[quote="sgtzombieking"]
What do you think? Is it Possible? and I know it is a big project but it would be really cool to see the outcome.
[/quote]

for sure this is possible and i even think with an incredible amount of work in case of coding this would also be possible in the BGE and some "buildaround".

anyway, the back-side of the coin... - you texts sounds a little bit of MMORPG-elements (correct me if i'm wrong). so you must build a multiplayer-environment. this is not much of a problem nowadays when you plan an FPS/RTS: short games, a client hosts a game, rest connects, fire-and-forget...maybe a ladder in a database to write the scores of the match.
but talking about base-building, expanding territory, etc.: this would cost much of infrastructure. you have to host the games for their own on a server, build-up a BIG database-backend to remember stats, environment, etc.pp.
clients must be able to reconnect, so you must think about a user-directory, "worlds" (realms in case of WoW f.e.).
even for myself, beeing a hardware-geek with enough processing-power and storage here at home to serve as an IT-center for most small- to middle-sized companies, this would be "unhostable" cause of the network-bandwith you would need for a decent playerbase playing lagg-free.

so the question here is not
-can i code it
-can i paint/model/texture/build/rigg/animate/(...) it
-can i spread-the-word about my game to build a playerbase
but
-can i afford the costs of the infrastructure needed to host my planned game

sorry, i don't want to be the bad-guy, but...just my 2 cents.

anyway - nice idea.
what about planning a more modular concept, starting with a single/two player version with a true multiplayer-part in mind so you can iterate your gametype by time.

sgtzombieking

Postby sgtzombieking » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:39 pm

terorist_popcorn wrote:Hey, the game seems fun and awesome :D

I think I might be able to help you with modeling things and items, although i'm not a blender pro. I cant make something that is supposed to be super realistic or too complicated. Also im not good at texturing because I don't really know where to find good textures, otherwise I might do something with it.

Please send me an email if I might help.

email: teroristpopcorn@gmail.com

Hey Sounds Great.
L.R.M

sgtzombieking

Re: Rise- Team Wanted

Postby sgtzombieking » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:42 pm

farbw3rk wrote:
sgtzombieking wrote:What do you think? Is it Possible? and I know it is a big project but it would be really cool to see the outcome.

for sure this is possible and i even think with an incredible amount of work in case of coding this would also be possible in the BGE and some "buildaround".

anyway, the back-side of the coin... - you texts sounds a little bit of MMORPG-elements (correct me if i'm wrong). so you must build a multiplayer-environment. this is not much of a problem nowadays when you plan an FPS/RTS: short games, a client hosts a game, rest connects, fire-and-forget...maybe a ladder in a database to write the scores of the match.
but talking about base-building, expanding territory, etc.: this would cost much of infrastructure. you have to host the games for their own on a server, build-up a BIG database-backend to remember stats, environment, etc.pp.
clients must be able to reconnect, so you must think about a user-directory, "worlds" (realms in case of WoW f.e.).
even for myself, beeing a hardware-geek with enough processing-power and storage here at home to serve as an IT-center for most small- to middle-sized companies, this would be "unhostable" cause of the network-bandwith you would need for a decent playerbase playing lagg-free.

so the question here is not
-can i code it
-can i paint/model/texture/build/rigg/animate/(...) it
-can i spread-the-word about my game to build a playerbase
but
-can i afford the costs of the infrastructure needed to host my planned game

sorry, i don't want to be the bad-guy, but...just my 2 cents.

anyway - nice idea.
what about planning a more modular concept, starting with a single/two player version with a true multiplayer-part in mind so you can iterate your gametype by time.

Makes Total sense, And il have to look into some hosting option but for now I agree with single player/ two player concept.
L.R.M

Kalizaar_Kufu

Sure I can Help

Postby Kalizaar_Kufu » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:27 pm

Hey, how far are you in this project? I have some experience in game creating with blender. And in fact I can make a multiplayer server for this game if wanted, split screen, or just single player. I can upload different zombies that I have. but, considering that there is so many other zombie games out there, and you dont have much experience in game creating, I believe that AI would be hard for you or any of your team to develop. I have trouble with it. I have seen great games that AI really stunk and that deteriorated the game. I'm 15 and I have made several games and am working on a app. I hope that you can use me as a animator or modeler. By the way, do you want a random scenery thing going? that would be VERY hard to program, I would suggest a story based game where AI is not very hard to set up, or a multiplayer server ONLY.

email: contact@connorsmedia.com

Return to “Blender Open Projects”