3D face modeling Help

An open space where people who use Blender in an academic environment can share progress and the typical problems and needs of academic environments.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

momoko_girl

3D face modeling Help

Postby momoko_girl » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:38 pm

I was curious if anyone knew of any other methods to create a 3D model of a face from pictures (reference images). Kinda like what is shown here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_H0_v5p5XA

Also, using the youtube technique, I am having problems pulling out the lines from the right view. The lines end up getting crossed and make the 3D face look sharp and jagged. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Thanks! :) :D

simtron

Re: 3D face modeling Help

Postby simtron » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Hi there.
I think you need to watch the tutorials made on newer version of blender b'coz the interface is much friendlier.

Jagged surface???
I think you need to change the view into ortho mode from perspective mode so that you can see where exactly your vertices are going.

Also most of my friends do this mistake.Once you extrude any vertex/edge/face and press escape, your newly created vertices overlap on the existing ones and make the work flow to break.remember to UNDO it as fast as you ESCAPE the EXTRUSION.

If you still find the problem or forgot to undo the failed extrusion.,select all vertices of your model and using W(specials menu) in select remove doubles.This will remove the extra overlaying vertices and merges them into one single vertex.

Make sure that you move vertices simultaneously in two views so that they match the surface of object in image.

If your vertices look little rough on the model., select the vertices which are little jagged and use the smooth vertices option in the tool box.This will relax the vertices and make them assume a little smooth shape.

As of video
I suggest you to look for a youtube video by searching 'timelapse male head montage studio'.Although this is a time lapse it ill provide you good info on face modeling from reference images.

I wish you good luck.
:)

momoko_girl

Re: 3D face modeling Help

Postby momoko_girl » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:29 pm

simtron wrote:Hi there.
If you still find the problem or forgot to undo the failed extrusion.,select all vertices of your model and using W(specials menu) in select remove doubles.This will remove the extra overlaying vertices and merges them into one single vertex.

Thank you! :) this fixed the problem immediately! It was as simple as that haha
Thank you!!! :D

simtron

Postby simtron » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:47 pm

You are welcome :D

Return to “Academic & Research”