Advanced character bone structure.

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

jd-multi

Advanced character bone structure.

Postby jd-multi » Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:07 pm

A while agao I saw some .blend file with a new technic of armature setup I only saw in profeesional 3D software. A person created a normal skeleton for a character, then he putted some bones which didn't make a part of a leg or arm, but when I moved that bone with G the leg moves to, like a real human leg, so I could just make a walk cycle with just moving 4 bones, 2 for legs and 2 for arms, How did they make such bones? linking to another bones or something else? And is there a tutorial for such bone structure?? If you all don't understand what I mean, I can upload that .blend. :?

z3r0_d

Postby z3r0_d » Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:13 am

Inverse Kimatics (IK) will move multiple bones to try to make one stay at a particular place. In your case, it was to move say, the heel, to stay with another bone (like the foot, but doesn't have to be), moving the rest of the leg as necescary.

You would use constraints to do it. It is a relatively new feature of blender (version 2.12?), so IK tutorials are not what you want. Look for ARMATURE tutorials.

one is at:
http://blenderchar.weirdhat.com/foottute/
there is one for hands on the same site

jd-multi

Postby jd-multi » Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:25 pm

Great, the tutorials where I was looking for. I've also got an another question about makig animations. I while ago I watched a cool animation about some guys which where shooting on each other in matrix style, but how can is add bullets in the animation. like when they shoot, each time there appears a new bullet, do I have to hide them into de gun and only when I want to let him shoot, then animate out of the gun? or is there a way to say to the object to render only in some frames from a choosen layer? :) Because when i want to make a animation of a guy which is testing a minigun, I have to animate many bullets echt time he meet another guy in the animation, that will take years to make something like that. :(

dreamsgate

Postby dreamsgate » Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:33 pm

to add objects in animation, put said object on a hidden layer, and set Key (I) by push LAYER, move foreward in animation and move object to visible layer and reset layer key.

{Move objects from one layer to another by pushing (M)}

jd-multi

Postby jd-multi » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:04 am

Thanks Dreamsgate, I tested it, and it works fine :D. Yesterday I downloaded some 3D movies of some dude which made them in 3ds max, maya, and character studio, but how do they make such animations? Do they save each scene of a animation in a different file, and then render each 3d scene and at the end make one big movie with a application like Adobe premiere?. And what's the best application to do such things, because Adobe premiere is a bit to much money for me. :(

dreamsgate

Postby dreamsgate » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:36 pm

Yes, they render each scene and then put together. Actually blender has a function like Adobe Premier. It's the Sequencer, alot of improvements have been made to it recently. Do a search for Sequencer tutorials at Elysiun.com or google.

Sorry I haven't worked on animation in a while so I haven't played with the new sequencer features yet.

jd-multi

Postby jd-multi » Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:47 pm

Yep I know that blender has his own sequencer, but I never played around with that tool. Time to test it :D

Return to “Animation”