Imported AVI audio and video lengths don't match

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Jeffrick

Imported AVI audio and video lengths don't match

Postby Jeffrick » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:35 am

I need a bit of help here. I imported 4 AVI files to make a simple home movie using the video sequence editor, but the audio and video portions show up as differnent frame lengths. During playback, the audio is fine but the video looks like it's in slow motion. Is there a way to time-compress the video so I can get it to sync up with the audio again? Or better yet, is there a way to ensure that upon import the video matches the audio? I remember using Adobe Premiere years ago and there was a way to arbitrarily squish or stretch video segments - anything remotely like that here?

For clarity, when playing the AVI files outside of Blender (using QuickTime), it plays fine. Thanks in advance.

v0m17

Postby v0m17 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:27 am

If u haven't found out or someone stumbles onto this post, u can shrink or stretch video with add effectstrip>speed control.You import the video into blender video sequencer editor and then you just shrink/stretch the speed strip.You would have to extract audio and video seperetly from combined file,and than finetune in sequencer.

stiv

Postby stiv » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:50 pm

I suspect the number of audio and video chunks do not match in the problem files. You can re-encode them to fix this.

Return to “Documentation & Education”