I can't run some of the files on Sintel dvd set

Discussions and feedback around the Open Projects such as Orange (Elephants Dream), Peach (Big Buck Bunny), Apricot (Yo Frankie!)...

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

AliSpark

I can't run some of the files on Sintel dvd set

Postby AliSpark » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:18 pm

I have just bought the Making of Sintel, 4 dvd edition, and would like to watch the tutorials on the extras dvd but cannot get them to run on my computer. Firstly I tried running one of the .avi videos in Quicktime 7 but a message said I need extra software. So I downloaded 3ivx. But now it plays the audio but no picture. The .avi will not play in the divx software I have either; again, audio ok but no picture. I tried it in Blender's video editor but the picture does not keep up; seems to get stuck. I have software that I could use to convert it to a .mov but I'd rather watch the higher quality .avi.
I find some of the .mov tutorial files in the Sintel 4 dvd edition run ok in Quicktime eg Ben's tutorial on shading runs fine; others don't: very jittery and not watchable.
What do you suggest I do, please? (I'm on a pc with Windows XP).
AliSpark
It all starts with a cube...

AliSpark

Postby AliSpark » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:25 pm

Ah, My partner sorted it! He found Gspot (haha! Not that one!) which identified the codec needed. Then he downloaded the codec from www.free-codecs.com/The_Codecs_download.htm and it now works in Windows Movie player!! :D
AliSpark

Return to “Blender Open Projects”