Defender 6DOF shooter - project in progress

Discussions and feedback around the Open Projects such as Orange (Elephants Dream), Peach (Big Buck Bunny), Apricot (Yo Frankie!)...

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

sdfgeoff

Defender 6DOF shooter - project in progress

Postby sdfgeoff » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:14 am

I've decided to introduce my project to the blender forums just to let you know what's going on. I don't need more members, but then, I'll never refuse them either.

What is it?
Defender is a 6DOF space ship shooter in zero gravity. Don't let this fool you into thinking it is a huge space environment dotted with the occasional asteroid. It is quite the opposite, being set "indoors" if you like: in caverns, large space stations etc. Currently it is only single player, with no intention of adding multi-player as I don't have the necessary programming experience.
It is in blender multi-texture.

How far through is it?
Hard one to answer that. I suppose we are 2/3rds of the way to making a complete "template" level that contains all the necessary programming to make any level.
So far it has:
- Movement
- Mouse support
- Weapons (5 primary, and 2 of the 5 (modeled but not implemented) secondaries)
- Pickups
- Some enemies
- High Scores
Still to do is adding in the rest of the secondaries and then just sorting out bugs and making levels.

Another "don't steal my idea" huh?
Quite the opposite actually, I'm not hiding behind the "protection" of the exe. This project is open source, and all the files are downloadable from here. The exe is only for non blender users.

Other things to know:
We have a website

And what more could you want, than to see how far we have come before downloading.
There is a video (quite old though, we now have a much better movement system)
And images:
check out my project

Chadack

cool

Postby Chadack » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:28 am

hay Im not so good at texturing yet, but i can make an ship for you if thats ok with you? do you need the object help because i can make you a ship.
to burn or not to burn... not to burn its much easer to animate

Return to “Blender Open Projects”