Blender Game Player Problems

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

TsubasaFan120

Blender Game Player Problems

Postby TsubasaFan120 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:51 pm

I have recently bought a new laptop, and when I try to run Blender on it, everything but the Blender Game Player works fine. I have tried three different versions of Blender (2.62, 2.60, and 2.59) yet the problem has existed in all three. I am beginning to believe that the problem lies with my computer, yet I do not know where.

This is What's Happening:
I have a basic Blender file which runs in the game engine. It is of 6 or 7 thin cylinders falling to a plane, like coins falling onto the ground. I hit play, and the screen...flickers. I don't know how else to describe it, but it's like random gray lines will pop up on the screen, and the screen will turn gray entirely. I called it flickering, because each one lasts for no longer than a quarter of a second. Most of the time, the lines show up in bunches of around ten, shooting like bands across the screen. Also, when I hit "esc" to stop the player, my task-bar and the window's border become fuzzy like a TV when it is set to an off-air channel. Like I said, this has happened with 2.59, 2.60, and 2.62.

Computer Info:
Laptop: ASUS X54C
Current Blender Version: 2.59

I can post a video online of what is happening, and then post a link here (if necessary).

Please help!

the_duke

Postby the_duke » Sun May 13, 2012 8:21 pm

I have the same issue with Win7, Thinkpad T420, Blender 2.63.

Using "show Framerate and Profiles" lets the player work normally.
Using "Record Animation" (with no "show framerate") makes it blink like hell.

Hope that helps.

the_duke

Postby the_duke » Sun May 13, 2012 8:35 pm

the_duke wrote:I have the same issue with Win7, Thinkpad T420, Blender 2.63.

Using "show Framerate and Profiles" lets the player work normally.
Using "Record Animation" (with no "show framerate") makes it blink like hell.

Hope that helps.

Using a different file with the same simple model (cube) also showed no issue. strange.

Return to “Interactive 3d”