Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Building Blender on Mac - trouble with 3D Connexion

Thillbucci

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:47 pm
Hi guys,
I'm trying to compile the latest version of Blender on a MacBook Pro (Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X 10.6, Xcode 3.2.6).

I tried it first by using CMake and as I got compiling errors in Xcode I tried Scons but the Problem is always based on the 3D Connexion Device Sad

So I downloaded the 3Dcnxplug-mac.c plugin and put it into ".../intern/ghost/intern/3dcnx/"

But now the question is how to tell CMake or the scons.py to use this plugin Question

Or if it's more simple to build Blender without the support of an 3D Connexion devices - How to disable the plugin Question

stiv

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:55 pm
One of the great frustrations with trying to solve problems is hearing "I'm getting errors. What should I do?" without any mention of the actual errors. YOU may not understand the error messages, but for people who do, they (usually) have a very exact meaning and explicitly point out the problem. (yeah, this is a pet peeve. can you tell?)

You can turn off Space Navigator support for scons by setting the appropriate values in your user-config.py file. See the build_tools/scons/config/YOUR_PLATFORM file for details.

Thillbucci

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:01 pm
Yes, sorry, you're absolutely right.
But I thought it may be a well known issue.

Thanks for the hint how to deactivate the modul for scons. I only tried it for CMace and couldn't find a solution there.

Building Blender with scons and without Space Navigator support worked well now.

But maybe you know a solution for buildung it with Space Navigator support and by using CMake and Xcode.

Error message while using scons:

Code:

/usr/bin/g++ -o /Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/build/darwin/intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa.o -c -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -arch x86_64 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-sign-compare -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -arch x86_64 -pipe -funsigned-char -DNDEBUG -O2 -ftree-vectorize -msse -msse2 -msse3 -mfpmath=sse -march=core2 -mssse3 -with-tune=core2 -enable-threads -Wall -m64 -DGHOST_COCOA -DUSE_QTKIT -DWITH_MOD_FLUID -DWITH_MOD_OCEANSIM -D__LITTLE_ENDIAN__ -DWITH_AUDASPACE -D_USE_MATH_DEFINES -DWITH_QUICKTIME -DUSE_QTKIT -DWITH_INPUT_NDOF -I/Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/build/darwin/intern/ghost -Iintern/ghost -I/Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/build/darwin/intern/string -Iintern/string -Iextern/glew/include -Isource/blender/imbuf -Isource/blender/makesdna intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa.mm
intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa.mm: In function ‘void NDOF_DeviceEvent(io_connect_t, natural_t, void*)’:
intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa.mm:91: error: ‘struct ConnexionDeviceState’ has no member named ‘buttons8’
intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa.mm:109: error: ‘kConnexionMsgCalibrateDevice’ was not declared in this scope
intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa.mm:112: error: ‘kConnexionMsgDoMapping’ was not declared in this scope
intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa.mm: In constructor ‘GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa::GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa(GHOST_System&)’:
intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa.mm:146: error: ‘kConnexionMaskAllButtons’ was not declared in this scope
intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa.mm:146: error: ‘SetConnexionClientButtonMask’ was not declared in this scope
scons: *** [/Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/build/darwin/intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

Error Message of Xcode:

Code:
CompileC /Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/cmake/lib/Blender.build/Release/bf_intern_ghost.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa.o intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa.mm normal x86_64 objective-c++ com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_2
cd /Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/blender
setenv LANG en_US.US-ASCII
/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 -x objective-c++ -arch x86_64 -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -fasm-blocks -O2 -DCMAKE_INTDIR="Release" -D__SSE__ -D__MMX__ -D__SSE2__ -D__LITTLE_ENDIAN__ -DWITH_INPUT_NDOF -DWITH_QUICKTIME -DNDEBUG -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -Wmost -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-unknown-pragmas -F/Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/cmake/lib/Release -I/Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/cmake/lib/Release/include -I/Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/blender/intern/ghost -I/Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/blender/intern/string -I/Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/blender/source/blender/imbuf -I/Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/blender/source/blender/makesdna -I/Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/blender/extern/glew/include -I/Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/cmake/lib/Blender.build/Release/bf_intern_ghost.build/DerivedSources/x86_64 -I/Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/cmake/lib/Blender.build/Release/bf_intern_ghost.build/DerivedSources -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -msse2 -msse -pipe -funsigned-char -DGHOST_COCOA -DUSE_QTKIT -Wall -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-sign-compare -mdynamic-no-pic -ftree-vectorize -msse -msse2 -msse3 -mssse3 -fvariable-expansion-in-unroller -c /Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/blender/intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa.mm -o /Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/cmake/lib/Blender.build/Release/bf_intern_ghost.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa.o

/Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/blender/intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa.mm: In function 'void NDOF_DeviceEvent(io_connect_t, natural_t, void*)':
/Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/blender/intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa.mm:91: error: 'struct ConnexionDeviceState' has no member named 'buttons8'
/Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/blender/intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa.mm:109: error: 'kConnexionMsgCalibrateDevice' was not declared in this scope
/Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/blender/intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa.mm:112: error: 'kConnexionMsgDoMapping' was not declared in this scope
/Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/blender/intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa.mm: In constructor 'GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa::GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa(GHOST_System&)':
/Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/blender/intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa.mm:146: error: 'kConnexionMaskAllButtons' was not declared in this scope
/Users/Thillbucci/Development/blender-build/blender/intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa.mm:146: error: 'SetConnexionClientButtonMask' was not declared in this scope

Thillbucci

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:04 pm
It seems that now, after I've provided redress to stiv's frustration, still nobody can help me. Crying or Very sad
Is there anyone who discerns the problem?

stiv

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:48 pm
Quote:
intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_NDOFManagerCocoa.mm:91: error: ‘struct ConnexionDeviceState’ has no member named ‘buttons8’

Disclaimer: not an OSX guy, however...

One way to get here is by not having the header files that declare this structure. If so, you need to look for the FIRST error message and not the last ones. It will say something about 'no such file'.

Another is by having some sort of library mismatch between what is installed on your box and what blender is expecting.

Thillbucci

Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:17 pm
Thanks again and sorry for the long delay.

Since it's the first error message and there is no "missing..." or "no such file" before, I assume it's a library mismatch. But I have no idea what files are expected because (as I wrote above) I checked out the latest version (of blender files and libs) and made no changes to this.

Jump to: