Pokemon 3D modeller needed (d/p/pt style)

Discussions and feedback around the Open Projects such as Orange (Elephants Dream), Peach (Big Buck Bunny), Apricot (Yo Frankie!)...

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Mango-ken
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:47 pm

Pokemon 3D modeller needed (d/p/pt style)

Postby Mango-ken » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:16 pm

Hello,
I am here to ask if anyone is interested in creating some 3D models for a pokemon fan game called 'Pokemon Jade'.
If you are interested in creating some you will have to have a good knowledge of pokemon on the DS , as this is the type of models that we need making, and also be able to make high quality models.
The style of models is the same basic design as those is d/p/pt but are set in a tropical climate. therefore we would like these models to reflect that and also have some of your own unique style.

Pokemon Jade is a work in progress, and is coming along very well so far. It is being programmed from scratch, this is not a simple ROM hack. Everything is 100% custom made.

If you interested in joining the Pokemon Jade team and creating some 3D models, please post about your interest and feel free to ask any questions.
To begin with, so we can see how adept you are at modelling, a model like a Pokemon Centre would be great!

Thanks,
Mango Ken
ok sorry.... may i ask... why not?... im just curious :P

Mango-ken
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:47 pm

Screeny's =D

Postby Mango-ken » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:29 pm

(sorry for the double post.... couldnt find the 'edit' button >.<)

to give u a bit more of a inside look on the game here's a few screen shot's of parts of the game atm.

Battle Engine :
Image

Pokedex :
Image

thanks
mango
ok sorry.... may i ask... why not?... im just curious :P

Wild_Doogy
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: Screeny's =D

Postby Wild_Doogy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:07 am

Mango-ken wrote:(sorry for the double post.... couldnt find the 'edit' button >.<)

to give u a bit more of a inside look on the game here's a few screen shot's of parts of the game atm.

Battle Engine :
Image

Pokedex :
Image

thanks
mango



Disclaimer: I know nothing of this..... "Pokemon" hehe

So a clarification of what you need: You want to make the blue dragon a rendered .jpg? or do you want a 3d model in game?


Looks like fun, what Engine are you using?

Wild_Doogy
"Information is Ammunition"
-General Adam Steiner

A computer allows you to make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
- Ripfox - Ubuntu forums

Mango-ken
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:47 pm

Postby Mango-ken » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:18 pm

what were looking for here is a 3D modeller who can create building's for the overworld..... the blue dragon has nothing to do with it :-P we just thought we'd show you that we have made progress with the game. we dont just need building's we need all sorts of models from buildings to the basic environment.

thanks for your intrest =D

anymore questions please ask

mango
ok sorry.... may i ask... why not?... im just curious :P

Wild_Doogy
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:19 pm

Postby Wild_Doogy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:00 pm

Mango-ken wrote:what were looking for here is a 3D modeller who can create building's for the overworld..... the blue dragon has nothing to do with it :-P we just thought we'd show you that we have made progress with the game. we dont just need building's we need all sorts of models from buildings to the basic environment.

thanks for your intrest =D

anymore questions please ask

mango


Oh, buildings? I can do buildings. I also know how to make preceduraly generated landscapes. You want 2d renders for the game? In that case I could probably help out.
"Information is Ammunition"

-General Adam Steiner



A computer allows you to make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

- Ripfox - Ubuntu forums

Mango-ken
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:47 pm

Postby Mango-ken » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:28 pm

that sounds great =D

however we need the actual 3d .obj file or whatever u do it in. because this is an actualy 3d game.

jw have u actuly never heard of pokemon.... or was that a joke :P

very high thanks
mango
ok sorry.... may i ask... why not?... im just curious :P

Wild_Doogy
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:19 pm

Postby Wild_Doogy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:13 am

Mango-ken wrote:that sounds great =D

however we need the actual 3d .obj file or whatever u do it in. because this is an actualy 3d game.

jw have u actuly never heard of pokemon.... or was that a joke :P

very high thanks
mango


I can send along the blends. that will be no trouble at all.

I have heard of pokemon, but that's about it. I know nothing of the story or what it is. (Its some type of a trading card game that's also for some consoles right?)
"Information is Ammunition"

-General Adam Steiner



A computer allows you to make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

- Ripfox - Ubuntu forums

Mango-ken
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:47 pm

Postby Mango-ken » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:28 pm

that's great =D

would u be able to create us a 3d model so that we can see your style of modelling ?? if so could u make a pokemon centre (search it on google images or summin :P) we would like it with quite a low polygon count as a high coun makes the engine very laggy =(.

yeah thats basicly what pokemon is :D what were making is a completely original, user made, pokemon game, in the style of the latest games. it would be handy if you played one of these later games so you can get the feel for it... but it dosnt really matter

thanks
mango



[/img]
ok sorry.... may i ask... why not?... im just curious :P

Wild_Doogy
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:19 pm

Postby Wild_Doogy » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:30 am

Mango-ken wrote:that's great =D

if so could u make a pokemon centre
[/img]


After some searching online I couldn't find anything. If you could post a link that would be helpfull.

There is a program called ANT that makes preceduraly generated ground. Its a lot of fun to play with and I have gotten the GUI down fairly well.

I am kind of bust at the moment getting scholarships in and stuff, but if you want some wide expanses of terrain I can easily whip a few up.
"Information is Ammunition"

-General Adam Steiner



A computer allows you to make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

- Ripfox - Ubuntu forums

arje06
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:27 am

Re: Pokemon 3D modeller needed (d/p/pt style)

Postby arje06 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:36 pm

Mango-ken wrote:Hello,
I am here to ask if anyone is interested in creating some 3D models for a pokemon fan game called 'Pokemon Jade'.
If you are interested in creating some you will have to have a good knowledge of pokemon on the DS , as this is the type of models that we need making, and also be able to make high quality models.
The style of models is the same basic design as those is d/p/pt but are set in a tropical climate. therefore we would like these models to reflect that and also have some of your own unique style.

Pokemon Jade is a work in progress, and is coming along very well so far. It is being programmed from scratch, this is not a simple ROM hack. Everything is 100% custom made.

If you interested in joining the Pokemon Jade team and creating some 3D models, please post about your interest and feel free to ask any questions.
To begin with, so we can see how adept you are at modelling, a model like a Pokemon Centre would be great!

Thanks,
Mango Ken


That was a great opportunity for those 3D artists. They should grab it because there's a possible that it only knocks once in their doors. So guys and my friends out there, I am calling your attentions about this.
Last edited by arje06 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteveBaker
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:39 am

Postby SteveBaker » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:50 am

If this is fan-made thing using Pokemon characters - aren't you going to get sued into oblivion by Nintendo for infringing on their character copyrights?

Unless you have permission in writing from them to do this - I wouldn't touch the project with a 10' pole!
-- Steve

Diskt00
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:59 am

Pokemon Jade

Postby Diskt00 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:04 am

Hi I'm a N00bish blenderer but I'm interested in pokemon and have Pearl Platnium and Diamond somewhere. I've made a feww pokemon in 2.49b:
But I can't help unless you want a N00B GAME :(

rifleman1990
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:36 pm
Location: Utah

Re: Pokemon Jade

Postby rifleman1990 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:39 pm

Diskt00 wrote:Hi I'm a N00bish blenderer but I'm interested in pokemon and have Pearl Platnium and Diamond somewhere. I've made a feww pokemon in 2.49b:
But I can't help unless you want a N00B GAME :(


Haha, that's pretty much how I am.

I loved pokemon back in the Gameboy color days(Pokemon Yellow was the bomb). But good luck with the game!

SquirrelyChaos
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:41 am
Location: Derby. UK

Postby SquirrelyChaos » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:47 am

hey, is this still going on? I have experience of about a year or so of using blender and think I could probably whip up a few building and pretty much anything else for a DS graphics level game. If it helps, I'm possibly just the tiniest bit crazy when it comes to pokémon :)
umm..


Return to “Blender Open Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests