Question about the DVDs and Books for Sale

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

EndersDrift

Question about the DVDs and Books for Sale

Postby EndersDrift » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:49 pm

I wasn't sure where to ask this or how to search for this. Tried a few things but didn't get many results.

I'm particularly interested in the modeling a car DVD set

1. Is this guide using only Blender or do they assume some other software is also available?

2. Is there any assumed knowledge? If I follow the DVD for car modelling on Day 1 of installing Blender will I be able to follow it?

The product I'm asking about specifically is:
http://www.blender3d.org/e-shop/product ... cts_id=145

Thanks![/list]
B.A. Architecture
Professional Graphic Designer

Working on rebuilding a desktop into Arch Linux specifically for a lightweight computer to run Blender and DraftSight on.

EndersDrift

Postby EndersDrift » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:54 pm

I was typing the question and going to mention the same questinos but regarding this book as well: http://www.blender3d.org/e-shop/product ... cts_id=116

then I saw the download option and thought maybe it was free if just downloaded... no its just some graphic files. So if anyone could answer the above questions also regarding this book that would be great.

Thanks again!
B.A. Architecture

Working on rebuilding a desktop into Arch Linux specifically for a lightweight computer to run Blender and DraftSight on.

stiv

Postby stiv » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:11 pm

It looks like an intermediate level book, but you might ask the good people at www.cgcookie.com who produced it.

Blender is often used in combination with tools like The GIMP for creating textures and painting.

EndersDrift

Postby EndersDrift » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:25 pm

stiv wrote:It looks like an intermediate level book, but you might ask the good people at www.cgcookie.com who produced it.

Blender is often used in combination with tools like The GIMP for creating textures and painting.

I just wanted to say thank you, I'm at their website looking it.
B.A. Architecture

Return to “Documentation & Education”